Logistical question about SF Match and program deadlines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guitarguy23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see that some programs require that they receive your SF Match application by certain dates, for example, September 1st. Does that mean I need to have my materials arrive to the SF Match by that date, or even earlier for them to distribute to these programs?

I'm trying to get an idea of when I need to send of my application (I'm guessing the middle of August?)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No they want application by that date. So you should have it to SF match weeks before that.

People try to get it in by sometime in August.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm aiming for 3rd week of August. Last year's interview thread shows that a few places even sent out invites in late August, so they'd need your application complete before then to consider you.

Mid-August seems to be the consensus. Anybody else a bit stressed about missing clinic/surgery time to interview? It seems like a lot of interviews are on Friday or Monday. I hope the Friday interviews don't have something the night before, and I hope that Monday interviews don't have something Monday night.

Mid-August seems to be the consensus. Anybody else a bit stressed about missing clinic/surgery time to interview? It seems like a lot of interviews are on Friday or Monday. I hope the Friday interviews don't have something the night before, and I hope that Monday interviews don't have something Monday night.

You should have scheduled a bs rotation where you won't be missed. In fact, I believe I took 1 month off to interview, so I didn't have to worry about logistics of rotations.

You should have scheduled a bs rotation where you won't be missed. In fact, I believe I took 1 month off to interview, so I didn't have to worry about logistics of rotations.

I'm talking about fellowship interviews. I wish I had a BS rotation during residency where missing time wouldn't matter!

I'm talking about fellowship interviews. I wish I had a BS rotation during residency where missing time wouldn't matter!

Lol!!! Ah, sorry. It wasn't clear from the thread title. Good luck!