LMU-DCOM Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@djack and urshummurshum Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, just thought I would let you all know that I officially declined my acceptance today- I hope one of you gets the phone call soon. Good luck

ha ha...it was definately a hard decision....it's a great school

I spoke with Janette yesterday and she said there were still around 50-60 people in the waitlist.

so that means 40-50 have been accepted from the wait-list??

Members don't see this ad :)
I think there were only around 75 to begin with so not that many

Hope I'm getting a call soon

yeah same over here. just hoping they'll give me the chance!

:xf: Fingers crossed for all the waitlist hopefuls out there!! :xf:

It's definitely not too late to hear good news, so don't lose hope yet!!

Hey all! Does anyone else feel like things have slowed down this past week? I'm not getting a good feeling :( perhaps it's just my paranoia. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'll be applying again. I'm ready to resubmit my apps with the necessary updates included, but I'm concerned as to whether or not I should rewrite, or at least attempt to improve, my personal statement. Does anyone have experience or advice on this topic?

Thanks so much for any input! And best of luck to everyone still on the waitlist, crossing my fingers and praying we will get the call! :)

Hey all! Does anyone else feel like things have slowed down this past week? I'm not getting a good feeling :( perhaps it's just my paranoia. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'll be applying again. I'm ready to resubmit my apps with the necessary updates included, but I'm concerned as to whether or not I should rewrite, or at least attempt to improve, my personal statement. Does anyone have experience or advice on this topic?

Thanks so much for any input! And best of luck to everyone still on the waitlist, crossing my fingers and praying we will get the call! :)

Yeah, either they've stopped contacting people or the people that have gotten in aren't on SDN :p
I turned in my app 2 days ago. I ended up re-writing my PS because I didn't want to use the same one. I used elements of my old essay but changed it around and approached it from a different angle. I had also applied a little late last cycle (well, later compared to most people on here) so this time I tried to apply as early as possible.

good luck! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for this cycle!

There are now 62 people on the waitlist. The class is full right now but several people have withdrawn from the waitlist.

There are now 62 people on the waitlist. The class is full right now but several people have withdrawn from the waitlist.

Yep, I spoke with Ms. Martin today and she told me that at this point in time they have no more open spots.

I have followed this thread since my husband has been on the WL since April. He was actually accepted off the WL last Tuesday (6/5) for c/o 2016. We own a home though, and the move was going to be too stressful and too quick with a family. Unfortunately, he deferred his acceptance to c/o 2017. It's just one more year though! Hopefully that opens a spot for one of you!

I have followed this thread since my husband has been on the WL since April. He was actually accepted off the WL last Tuesday (6/5) for c/o 2016. We own a home though, and the move was going to be too stressful and too quick with a family. Unfortunately, he deferred his acceptance to c/o 2017. It's just one more year though! Hopefully that opens a spot for one of you!

:xf::xf:

Just declined my acceptance to DCOM... Hope one of y'all gets my seat! Good luck!

what cycle are you all from, are you starting this year? I didn't know they made decisions so late into the game.

Aaaaand there's life in this thread again lol

so guys any good news? i really hope dcom gives me a chance

ACCEPTED!!! LMU-DCOM CLASS OF 2016!!! Best of luck to everyone still on the waitlist. I know your time will come! Keep persevering!! :)

ACCEPTED!!! LMU-DCOM CLASS OF 2016!!! Best of luck to everyone still on the waitlist. I know your time will come! Keep persevering!! :)

Ccongrats hopeful2baDO! Did you get the call yesterday?

Thank you all so much! I got the call Monday morning. It's going to be a stressful 2 weeks but it's so worth it. Also, se20001984, could you post the link to the FB page?

anyone else on the WL still? I seriously feel like I"m on the few "regulars" on this thread that are still in limbo.

Does anyone know anymore details about list movement? I'm losing hope.

At this point you should go ahead with your backup plans. If anything changes, great. But it's unlikely

I spoke with Jeannette Martin today, and she didn't sound very optimistic. She hardly expects any more movement at all at this point.

How many applicants does LMU accept each year?

They do invite a very few people on the waitlist to come to orientation, in case someone who was accepted doesn't show up. My class took one of those people after one of our own had to leave the first weekend.

does anyone know if there was anyone that either no showed or left orientation? I understand that the class is 225 and considering other classes had 75 less per year and still had movement during orientation week, I have a sliver of hope. Being on the waitlist sucks, but at least I didn't get rejected. It would be awesome to get a call telling me I'm in and don't have to waste an entire year.

Last edited:
does anyone know if there was anyone that either no showed or left orientation? I understand that the class is 225 and considering other classes had 75 less per year and still had movement during orientation week, I have a sliver of hope. Being on the waitlist sucks, but at least I didn't get rejected. It would be awesome to get a call telling me I'm in and don't have to waste an entire year.

Not that I know of yet.

Don't give up- I was pulled off the waitlist for the Class of 2015 and now I'm half way done! You too will be part of this wonderful hell we call medical school very soon!

And when you do get in and you're looking for a place to live please consider my 3 bedroom 1 bath house. :)

I am moving to Crossville (about 2 1/2 hours from Harrogate) for my 3rd year rotations and we are trying to rent out our house. It is a great place with good sized bedrooms, the bathroom is huge, as is the laundry room. There is also plenty of storage. The yard is really big and beautiful. It is a perfect house for a small family or roommates.

Please contact me for more information and pictures. [email protected]

Good Luck!!!!!