livin large..stuff for sale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gradoman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all fellow anesthesiologists,
i am a happy man having passed the orals. so i have some written and oral board materials for sale. trust me peeps, life is so much better after finishing residency and passing the boards.
you will find that you are at the top of the pay scale at the hospital. will work long hours but actually have a great relationship with the surgeons for the most part (important to join a group with excellent people) and ample time off..and did i mention the money? sorry to harp on that but it is quite a shock coming from residency to 400+. good luck to everyone

pm me and i'll tell you what i have...good stuff..passed written and oral on 1st attempt

Members don't see this ad.

getting 400+ and still trying to sell some books ..
man , human is greedy , better greedyman than gradoman

Members don't see this ad :)
i am a happy man having passed the orals. so i have some written and oral board materials for sale. trust me peeps, life is so much better after finishing residency and passing the boards.
you will find that you are at the top of the pay scale at the hospital. will work long hours but actually have a great relationship with the surgeons for the most part (important to join a group with excellent people) and ample time off..and did i mention the money? sorry to harp on that but it is quite a shock coming from residency to 400+. good luck to everyone

pm me and i'll tell you what i have...good stuff..passed written and oral on 1st attempt

Dude, give the s hit to Sleep or Supah or Volatile or somebody....or shove it in the envelope-place in church before mass....

Dude, give the s hit to Sleep or Supah or Volatile or somebody....or shove it in the envelope-place in church before mass....

thanks for the thought, buddy. but, as i'm sure you probably already realize, most of us have had all sorts of review materials (niels jensen big blue, etc.) since ca-1. so, i'm not sure how successful greedoman is going to be on this forum. but, hey, he took his shot. long live capitalism.

Congrats on passing orals!

$400k plus and just passed the boards, eh???

Rural or City??? What region of US???

I'm just out to, so wish me luck...

I dont know about the rest off you, but I've been out for almost two years post fellowship (pain). Currently practicing anesthesia, making $400k+ in southern California. But to make that cash here in Cali, I have to work my ass off. If you thought residency was tough, the real world can be twice as grueling. However, what makes it feel better is that you are getting paid in ten minute increments for being up at 3 in the morning. I am more tired now than in residency.... have lots of cash, yet little time to spend it. Fortunately, I have internet access in the OR and am dumping most of it into the stock market, roth401k, traditional IRA, and real estate. My plan is to work this hard for the next 10 years or so and hopefully have a nice wad to retire with and property in all the places I want to be. Anyone else have an exit strategy in place?

I dont know about the rest off you, but I've been out for almost two years post fellowship (pain). Currently practicing anesthesia, making $400k+ in southern California. But to make that cash here in Cali, I have to work my ass off. If you thought residency was tough, the real world can be twice as grueling. However, what makes it feel better is that you are getting paid in ten minute increments for being up at 3 in the morning. I am more tired now than in residency.... have lots of cash, yet little time to spend it. Fortunately, I have internet access in the OR and am dumping most of it into the stock market, roth401k, traditional IRA, and real estate. My plan is to work this hard for the next 10 years or so and hopefully have a nice wad to retire with and property in all the places I want to be. Anyone else have an exit strategy in place?

unless i am mistaken, how can you contribute to a roth401 with an income that big. i certainly dont use a roth at this point. sorry peeps..didnt mean to offend. i didnt mean to be greedy but after dropping large bucks into the books thought i would try to regain some of my costs...i know... i am thankful for my job but i also have 200k in loans to pay and a humongous mortgage now. plus i was selling it for a good deal but if that is seen here as "greedy" then i apologize. i was just a resident a year ago so understand the economics of that....anyways peace out and great forum.

ps just googled it...401k roth has no income limits to participate but 15k annual contribution...tax free upon withdrawal....nice..we put away 44k into a pension plan for each partner every year..

yes, a roth 401k has no income limit... it is post tax contribution. Yes, you can contribute less per year, but you have access to any of the funds at any time without penalty or being taxed on it. We have the option to choose a traditional 401k which the corporation matches 2 bucks for every one buck you put in (up to the max of $44k) or a roth which they also match up to the max of $15k. Although I cant tell you the reason... Suze Orman has been touting the roth 401k since it's inception. All the younger members of the group have opted for this while the older members have not switched since they are deeply entrenched in their traditional 401ks.

Good luck to everyone.

yes, a roth 401k has no income limit... it is post tax contribution. Yes, you can contribute less per year, but you have access to any of the funds at any time without penalty or being taxed on it. We have the option to choose a traditional 401k which the corporation matches 2 bucks for every one buck you put in (up to the max of $44k) or a roth which they also match up to the max of $15k. Although I cant tell you the reason... Suze Orman has been touting the roth 401k since it's inception. All the younger members of the group have opted for this while the older members have not switched since they are deeply entrenched in their traditional 401ks.

Good luck to everyone.

Roth IRA has Income limits, from Fidelity.com.

ROTH IRA limits
Eligibility* Any age with compensation (subject to income limits); also non-working spouses.

Single filers income up to $95,000 (for full contribution)

Joint filers income up to $150,000 (for full contribution)

You are mixing the names and features of a number of separate retirement plans in you post. A Roth IRA, a traditional IRA, and a 401K plan are all different and have different rules and features.

I researched this when I was working for the jerk who held the exclusive contract and paid us with W-2 income. We showed him the obvious tax advantages of a 401K plan and were willing to set it up in a way that cost him nothing but he refused to set up and type of retirement plan. This jerk had gone as far as to set up a 40K per year 401K plan for himself but made sure the rest of us were not eligible. I could have pushed harder and gotten the plan set up but given his dishonest nature, I did not trust him to have access to any of my retirement money. He had a history of cheating employees that quit, because he was so difficult to work with, out of their final pay check. By the time I left he had three lawsuits by ex employees over stolen benefits and wages.

there is a new retirement option called a roth 401k. google that and you will see the benefits that we were talking about

Roth IRA has income limits but a Roth 401k does not have income limits.

Members don't see this ad :)

exit strategy

If you can keep your expenses under control you should be able to save a ton of money every year. My goal is save at least $200k per year. I figure if I can keep that up for 8-10 year I will have enough saved that I will be able to go to part time (I.E 3 month per year), just enough to keep my skill up and to make enough to live on for the rest of the year, so I don’t have to touch my retirement funds until I turn 65. If I am tired of medicine I will have enough save so I can do something else, and not have to worry about how much I got paid.

dude you are right about that.. where in southern cal are you? I am in LA an independent contractor.. Im working my ass off.... definitely reimbursements lower here..... are you in orange county,, i heard people are doing better down there.. certainly the memorial hospitals..... anyway pm me

Dip+1 to me means I'm enjoyin' a little Copenhagen at work during a few downtime minutes, have to spit it out right after I put it in for whatever reason, then cop another during the next available downtime.

Thats dip+1.

man...i used to dip until i saw the nasty pics of oral cancer.
i didnt feel like writing out the full world cause i am a peaceful man by nature and it is fun to feed the trolls....sometimes