Literature Review topics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ridoor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for interesting ideas on a literature Review topic in Dermatology. Any new hot topics out there worth writing a paper on?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you do your own thinking...

Reactions: 1 user
how about the arbitrary association of hypothyroidism with various, exceedingly rare, skin diseases?

Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking as someone historically overwhelmed with snark, I don’t appreciate the need for it here.

Useful? How about something looking at the cost efficiency of common treatments for AKs? How about an actual graphing of drug prices over time? I know that neither of these things will tickle the fancies of academics - the unspoken goal here - but they rarely concern themselves with the truly helpful.

Bills don’t get paid by shedding light on the practices of those writing the checks....

Speaking as someone historically overwhelmed with snark, I don’t appreciate the need for it here.

Useful? How about something looking at the cost efficiency of common treatments for AKs? How about an actual graphing of drug prices over time? I know that neither of these things will tickle the fancies of academics - the unspoken goal here - but they rarely concern themselves with the truly helpful.

Bills don’t get paid by shedding light on the practices of those writing the checks....

I wasn't being snarky! Its a paper I'd genuinely love to write if I had time to take on another project. Flip to a random page in Bolognia and you probably have a 30% chance of seeing the word 'thyroid' there. It would be a good project for someone learning how to write a paper for the first time. All you'd have to do is ctrl-F all the incidences of 'thyroid' in Bolognia or another text and jot down the disease association. Then, compare the number of cases of that disease where hypothyroidism was found and compare it to the general incidence of hypothyroidism worldwide. Could be argued that anything lower than that is a chance association rather than part of the disease!