Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted this morning!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a phone call, and they said the letter would come soon. Yes, I was accepted off of the waitlist.

Congrats! Strange, since Janette just emailed me this earlier today. "No movement yet. I believe we will get some movement starting around the end of the month. Thanks"

Anyone has any more suggestions for bootcamp? Do they just go over basic stuff that we read in Bio 101 etc or do they actually go in depth. Basically what I am asking is..is it worth it?

Anyone has any more suggestions for bootcamp? Do they just go over basic stuff that we read in Bio 101 etc or do they actually go in depth. Basically what I am asking is..is it worth it?

Disclaimer: I did not do the boot camp and this is only my opinion.

I enjoyed just having the entire break to get ready to start school. I don't feel that not doing the boot camp hurt me at all. I've never had any anatomy before coming to med school either.

But, again, that's me.

Accepted this morning!

may i ask when did you apply to school, and when was your interview? i applied in march and my interview was in april so i am afraid that i am perhaps at the very end of the waiting list!

My interview was in April as well. My application wasn't complete until the end of February or so, I think.

I noticed that there have been a few core hospital choices added to the rotations list. does anyone know if core rotations in new jersey/new york/pennsylvania/delaware/connecticut are in the works as well?

I noticed that there have been a few core hospital choices added to the rotations list. does anyone know if core rotations in new jersey/new york/pennsylvania/delaware/connecticut are in the works as well?

I think that might be a stretch. I would expect more core sites in Tennessee, Kentucky and Virginia.
If you have enough connections you can setup most of your stuff wherever you want though, so just do six months of your core in third year then the rest in New York or whatever.

Members don't see this ad :)
The schedule is up for fall 2013. I did not see neuroscience. Our paperwork from the interview day indicated that was one of our core classes for the fall semester.

Congrats to everyone who has been recently accepted and good luck to those of you waiting!!

UPDATE: Neuroscience has been moved to the spring semester

Hey I'm applying this cycle and was wondering if anyone got some love from LMU with a 24 MCAT?
Everything else is pretty solid on my app, GPA is 3.75/3.5

Hey I'm applying this cycle and was wondering if anyone got some love from LMU with a 24 MCAT?

I did. Got accepted for this year's entering class. I applied insanely early, like the day the application cycle opened. Good rule of thumb, one's probability of being successful increases exponentially the earlier they apply. Your GPA is great. Definitely apply.

I did. Got accepted for this year's entering class. I applied insanely early, like the day the application cycle opened. Good rule of thumb, one's probability of being successful increases exponentially the earlier they apply. Your GPA is great. Definitely apply.
Agreed. I also had a 24 and was accepted very early. GPA was also lower than yours. I def encourage you to apply early

Agreed. I also had a 24 and was accepted very early. GPA was also lower than yours. I def encourage you to apply early

Thanks for the information. I will apply as soon as possible :)

Make sure you practice your interview skills! I had a 29 and 3.75/3.8 and am currently wait listed.....So it's for sure not all MCAT at LMU.

Make sure you practice your interview skills! I had a 29 and 3.75/3.8 and am currently wait listed.....So it's for sure not all MCAT at LMU.

may i ask when was your interview? it is very surprising to be wait listed with that statistics. I found the interview to be very relaxing and laid back. were you nervous during the interview? i got wait listed too but my mcat score is lower than your score.

may i ask when was your interview? it is very surprising to be wait listed with that statistics. I found the interview to be very relaxing and laid back. were you nervous during the interview? i got wait listed too but my mcat score is lower than your score.

November 19th. Yea, the interviews were great. Turns out I had made the mistake of just going in and talking without having putting any real thought into my answers; ended up saying some stuff that gave them the wrong impression (i.e. they thought I was wanting to go to medical school just for the prestige...)

Thank you. I received the phone call around 6pm. See you in a couple of months.

Maybe they thought the person would leave for a school with higher averages and just waitlisted him/her.

Maybe they thought the person would leave for a school with higher averages and just waitlisted him/her.

To clarify, I am on the wait list. This was my second thought, even though that is slowly going away since they have seemed to called a few people off the wait list already and I have yet to hear.

Does anyone know when you'd receive your loan money if you did the boot camp? Would I get it when the boot camp starts or when school traditionally starts?

Does anyone know when you'd receive your loan money if you did the boot camp? Would I get it when the boot camp starts or when school traditionally starts?

I didn't do boot camp (well the LMU boot camp......I've done the real boot camp ;)), but I think you don't get it until everybody else gets it, which is usually around the end of the first week of school.

Boot camp is way beyond Bio 101 material. It's a very fast paced primer to the real deal MGA. Not nearly as detailed as the full semester but covers all the basics. We covered the entire human body in ~120 hours of instruction which, if you figured it up, is probably only a little shy of the number of hours in the Fall. Of course you won't retain it all but it's designed to give you exposure so that when you see it later, when it counts, you can say, "Oh yeah, I remember stuff about this!" It's not for the light hearted.

No loan money for boot camp and no laptop. You're on your own dime until Uncle Sam kicks in the second week of school.

I didn't do boot camp (well the LMU boot camp......I've done the real boot camp ;)), but I think you don't get it until everybody else gets it, which is usually around the end of the first week of school.

Hooyah Navy!!! HM2 Simons ;-)

Boot camp is way beyond Bio 101 material. It's a very fast paced primer to the real deal MGA. Not nearly as detailed as the full semester but covers all the basics. We covered the entire human body in ~120 hours of instruction which, if you figured it up, is probably only a little shy of the number of hours in the Fall. Of course you won't retain it all but it's designed to give you exposure so that when you see it later, when it counts, you can say, "Oh yeah, I remember stuff about this!" It's not for the light hearted.

No loan money for boot camp and no laptop. You're on your own dime until Uncle Sam kicks in the second week of school.

Thanks for the responses. I actually called to verify too, but you're both correct. If you are taking the Anatomy Boot Camp expect your loans to be dispersed in August.

I just got the call!!! Very grateful to be accepted off the alternate list.

For anyone wondering I interviewed in early March, was waitlisted soon after, and just received the call 5 minutes ago. I hope anyone still on the list gets a call soon.

just wondering if they call the people on the wait list on wednesdays or saturdays or both? i am thinking about when i should start working on my application for next cycle, every week that they do not call me i loose hope more than before.

Last edited:
I got the phone call about one hour ago! Finally, I am in! When do we have to pay the deposit?

just wondering if they call the people on the wait list on wednesdays or saturdays or both? i am thinking about when i should start working on my application for next cycle, every week that they do not call me i loose hope more than before.

Same here :(. Has anyone contacted them to see if they have any idea how many spots are open/how many people have been accepted yet? I just emailed Janette and she's gone to a conference then vacation, so she'll be out until June 18th.

Same here :(. Has anyone contacted them to see if they have any idea how many spots are open/how many people have been accepted yet? I just emailed Janette and she's gone to a conference then vacation, so she'll be out until June 18th.

if she is out until june 18th, does it mean that anybody who has not heard from them, has to wait until june 18th, and the wait list would not be moving before that? :(

if she is out until june 18th, does it mean that anybody who has not heard from them, has to wait until june 18th, and the wait list would not be moving before that? :(

Nope. I talked to her before and she has nothing to do with the admissions committee at all, so they will still be meeting and deciding on applicants I would think.

Nope. I talked to her before and she has nothing to do with the admissions committee at all, so they will still be meeting and deciding on applicants I would think.

ok thanks