Light Schedule for Summer - BIG MISTAKE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neoncandle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK..
I did the most stupid thing I have ever done. Last semester I took Ochem2, Phys 2 and Bio 2 with all the labs and the MCAT and I studied for it hours a day. So, I thought... geez.. I should take it easy. I mean, I don't want to push myself too hard. Every minute of every day for the last week, I have been bored out of my mind. My only solace is that I am taking A&P and I will soon have to memorize all the bones and muscles and stuff. Once I have my scores, I know I am going to be busy, but this is taking forever. The worse thing is that if I have to retake it, next month I will be working and going to school. I know, I know.. I have no life. But that is because I have no money since I am spending every last dime on sending myself back to school. Thank God I don't have a computer at home otherwise I would never get anything done. My life is in limbo. Either I get to celebrate and be happy (30+), or be relieved but worried (27-29), or I have to retake that DAMN test (below 27). I have a bottle of champagne at home ready to be opened and a bottle of 151 if I need to forget how much time I wasted on this test already before I prepare for another one. But now as I think of the middle possibility, I think I better go out and buy a pack of smokes because I have already bitten my fingernails down to the nub.

Anyone else out there feeling a little insane?

Members don't see this ad.

I feel your pain. My initial thoughts were do the mcat in april apply in the summer, start next year. But with all the crazy classes like phy2, immuno,genetics, my mind was a total mess. So I opt for the august exam and I'm still scared about the outcome but at least i'm not as swamped as I was in the spring semester. My summer classes consist of 8 creidts, of general courses, so I'll be fine. My major concern is will I be properly prepared for august. But all in all I feel your pain and sympathize because I'll be in your shoes in a couple of months.

I thought summer would be easy...kick back...work a little (teaching a class) ...wait on scores. Then poof, I got a lab tech job and now I am gonna work my butt off. At least I won't be bored or have time to agonize.

:oops: