Lifestyle - Activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabdolce

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does a PRS position severely restrict what you can do in terms of your own activities? Things that come to mind are athletic activities that place your hands and wrists in potential duress e.g. CrossFit, ultimate frisbee, rock climbing, kayaking, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I would think the lifestyle would be normal, although, some precautions would have to be taken when doing normal activities, as they are in a pretty important position. Also, remember that Plastic Surgeons are helping people who have injured themselves in accidents related to those types of activities, xso I would think that they would be a little more careful when doing them because they know of the consequences.

Does a PRS position severely restrict what you can do in terms of your own activities? Things that come to mind are athletic activities that place your hands and wrists in potential duress e.g. CrossFit, ultimate frisbee, rock climbing, kayaking, etc.

Thanks in advance.
No, not really. But placing yourself at risk on a regular basis may be a red flag on interview day. Things like rock climbing greatly affect your livelihood, as it can really beat up your hands. No program wants someone who might become (read: very likely to become due to personal activities) permanently disabled mid-training. Just be smart about it.

No.

The only time I heard this being an issue was for a guy who skydived like twice a month. His program basically told him he had to quit because it was too high risk. I think he had several injuries from this in the past as well.