Lidocain 1% 100mg

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuteronliam

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello people.
I was having an argument with a friend of mine and he sayed this dosage of lidocain injected at once will lead to instant death.I believe an burning discomfort would be the case but we both dont really know.Who wins the bet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello people.
I was having an argument with a friend of mine and he sayed this dosage of lidocain injected at once will lead to instant death.I believe an burning discomfort would be the case but we both dont really know.Who wins the bet?

Maybe for a 2-3 kg pediatric patient. Not for a 70 kg adult.

Also, lidocaine doesn't cause "burning discomfort" - most of us use it to prevent that with induction, actually. I usually give 1-2 mg/kg IV of lidocaine on induction, and since many of our patients approach 100 kg, 100 mg can be a standard dose.

Weird post, are you a physician?

Maybe for a 2-3 kg pediatric patient. Not for a 70 kg adult.

Also, lidocaine doesn't cause "burning discomfort" - most of us use it to prevent that with induction, actually. I usually give 1-2 mg/kg IV of lidocaine on induction, and since many of our patients approach 100 kg, 100 mg can be a standard dose.

Weird post, are you a physician?
OK thank you very much.No actualy im contemplating suicide with 4.5mg of potassium injection.to get away from burning my veins and the pain i found out lidocain would do the trick.But dont have regrets im already on it, i ordered both KCl and lidocaine.But i was wondering that 100ml of lidocain would stop my heart before i injected potassium or even paralyzed me instantly.I have a question though if you can help me out.How much time do you think i should wait after injecting 100ml of lidocain so i can numb the vein region before i proceeded with potassium?i will delete thread after this and dont have regrets please im mature

This thread has been reported by several members due to the statement by the OP about self-harm. SDN takes such statements seriously and we would like to remind the OP and all posters that SDN should not serve as a place to obtain counseling or other advice regarding significant psychological issues. Anyone who is contemplating harming themselves should immediately seek professional counseling advice, not rely on SDN or other non-professional resources.

Members who have serious concerns about their career and would like to post details more anonymously may do so in the Confidential Consult forum.

At this time, given the nature of the thread and the concerns expressed, the moderation staff of SDN will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.