LICH prelim

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillybabe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on these programs? I cannot find any information on their site. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

phillybabe said:
Does anyone have any info on this program? I cannot find any information on their site. Thanks!

I did an elective there. In short, you'd be better off not even interviewing at this program unless you don't have many other transitional/prelim invites. There's really nothing that stands out about this program. The hospital itself is okay, kind of old but in a nice, affluent part of Brooklyn. Ancillary services are barely existent, attendings have a heavy fmg representation, teaching is bad even by community hospital standards, most of the residents seem like fmg's, especially in the medicine dept., the salary is low for a nyc hospital, it's expensive to live near the hospital, the cafeteria is terrible, etc. In fact I think they went completely unfilled throught the match last year. According to scutwork.com they filled 0 of 9 prelim positions last year.

Thanks for the response. I'm not really looking for a high-powered teaching internship. Always been a self-learner type. I guess all i'm really looking for is good hours so I can have a life and read on my own which probably wont happen, but there are programs out there with less sucky hours or so I hear.