Liberty University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NontradCA

American Hero
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reflection of whole hearted values, American pride and above all, God.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do the med students at Liberty need to sign some type of wholesomeness document which they need to abide by during their time there? If so, this entire Falwell story is even more audacious than it sounds. This business partner was actually the pool boy when the Falwell's met him. ...Sounds like this script came from some daytime TV soap opera.

Reactions: 4 users
I have nothing to add to this thread, I'm just gonna watch from the corner.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I feel bad for LU students. Prospective employers are going to think of this every time they see LU on a resume.

Also, I should point out that while Jerry Falwell has turned out to be a massive hypocrite, he doesn't represent religion as a whole. So be nice. Plenty of truly fantastic people in this country's churches, synogogues, mosques, etc.

Reactions: 4 users

The Left claims to love sexual freedom and to embrace people with varying sexual interests, but they apparently have nothing against scrutinizing and criticizing the private sex lives of individuals they happen to not like. This Reuters article incorrectly describes what happened as an "affair." An affair, by definition, happens without a partner's knowledge. If Falwell was in the room and consented, as Granda claims, then there was no affair. These were private fetishistic sex acts between consenting adults, and those who are passing harsh judgment on his family over this are stooping to the same level as the conservative Christians they loathe.

I do think the accusations of hypocrisy against Falwell are valid. It's probably a good thing that he was ousted from his presidential position. A part of me wonders if Falwell is a relatively normal guy who's just been trying his best to carry his father's ultra-conservative legacy and to keep LU the way his father wanted it to be. By virtue of being Jerry Falwell Sr.'s direct heir, he was thrust into a position that maybe didn't perfectly match who he actually was.

Anyway, I'm confident that LUCOM will be completely unaffected by this. They'll continue to fill all their seats, and their outcomes will be the same. No reasonable person is going to think that the activities of a former university president somehow reflect the quality of the medical students.

• Okay...
Reactions: 6 users
The Left claims to love sexual freedom and to embrace people with varying sexual interests, but they apparently have nothing against scrutinizing and criticizing the private sex lives of individuals they happen to not like. This Reuters article incorrectly describes what happened as an "affair." An affair, by definition, happens without a partner's knowledge. If Falwell was in the room and consented, as Granda claims, then there was no affair. These were private fetishistic sex acts between consenting adults, and those who are passing harsh judgment on his family over this are stooping to the same level as the conservative Christians they loathe.

I do think the accusations of hypocrisy against Falwell are valid. It's probably a good thing that he was ousted from his presidential position. A part of me wonders if Falwell is a relatively normal guy who's just been trying his best to carry his father's ultra-conservative legacy and to keep LU the way his father wanted it to be. By virtue of being Jerry Falwell Sr.'s direct heir, he was thrust into a position that maybe didn't perfectly match who he actually was.

Anyway, I'm confident that LUCOM will be completely unaffected by this. They'll continue to fill all their seats, and their outcomes will be the same. No reasonable person is going to think that the activities of a former university president somehow reflect the quality of the medical students.

I don’t think anyone is criticizing anything other than the blatant hypocrisy. Calling him a **** is just fact, and actually relevant to conservative hypocrisy as they made the term mainstream. It’s funny (and not surprising) that a lot of them turn out to be ****s.

Just waiting on Linsey Graham to come out of the closet any day now...

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I don’t think anyone is criticizing anything other than the blatant hypocrisy. Calling him a **** is just fact, and actually relevant to conservative hypocrisy as they made the term mainstream. It’s funny (and not surprising) that a lot of them turn out to be ****s.

I don’t necessarily want to get into this on a medical student subforum... but I think there needs to be some clarification. The term “****old” is the generally accepted term for a male ****old fetishist. “****” is a slang term that originated on 4chan during the 2016 election season, and it is used by far-right/alt-right trolls to challenge political figures’ masculinity. The “****” insult is usually reserved for mainstream conservatives (e.g., Jerry Falwell Jr.), because they are deemed by the alt-right to be too egalitarian and racially unaware—hence the widely used term “****servative.”

Status
Not open for further replies.