Lexicomp & PDA downloads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I Lovely Gator

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew exactly which website offers ALL downloads for medical news, guidelines, drugs and ADR, herbals etc for PDA (pocket PC). ;)

AND- for LEXICOMP- does anyone know if there is a downloaded version that is free? (nurse-version or pharmacist version) My school is offering $275 for Lexi complete. But I have heard other students downloading it for free and other schools offering it for $10-15. :confused:

ALSO, If there is a program that you all are currently using that you highly recommend or DON'T highly recommend... that would be great too. Just let me know what you like or dislike about the programs. Thanks all~ :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

The two free programs that are most often recommended are Epocrates and Micromedex. I've never heard of a free version of Lexi, unless it's just a trial or something like that.

I like Epocrates, but then again...what do I know since I've never used the other ones. Epocrates is free, so that's good. I checked out Micromedex website before I downloaded Epocrates and it wasn't free. Hmm...maybe I didn't look at the right thing.

I'd just get the free one. I had Epocrates. It worked fine. I found that a PDA is barely useful on rotations. Everywhere you go they have countless PC terminals. I was asked a dosing question numerous times in which I literally turned around, walked two feet, accessed Clinical Pharmacology, and gave them an answer.