Letters of Recommendation Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaktoorTaj

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
It has been a while since I have posted but I have a question that I urgently need answered if anyone would be willing to assist me. I've read that AADSAS only accepts 3 letters of recommendation, however, what do you do in a case when applying to schools with different requirements (as is often the case).
For instance, some schools ask for 2 LOR from a science professor and 1 from a liberal arts professor. Other schools ask for 3 LOR and don't specify what kind while others ask for 3 LOR all from science professors. Moreover, many schools request LOR from employers or dentists. My question is, how does AADSAS know which letter each school needs? Do they send all the LOR that they have on file or do the schools specify? Also, how can this be done when they claim they only want 3 LOR?

Thanks,
Taj

Members don't see this ad.

DaktoorTaj said:
Hello All,
It has been a while since I have posted but I have a question that I urgently need answered if anyone would be willing to assist me. I've read that AADSAS only accepts 3 letters of recommendation, however, what do you do in a case when applying to schools with different requirements (as is often the case).
For instance, some schools ask for 2 LOR from a science professor and 1 from a liberal arts professor. Other schools ask for 3 LOR and don't specify what kind while others ask for 3 LOR all from science professors. Moreover, many schools request LOR from employers or dentists. My question is, how does AADSAS know which letter each school needs? Do they send all the LOR that they have on file or do the schools specify? Also, how can this be done when they claim they only want 3 LOR?

Thanks,
Taj

I called AADsAS about this very question last year. It turns out you can send up to 5 LORS. So send in 5 LORs, hopefully that will cover you for all your schools, and AADSAS will send them ALL to your schools. Your schools will then just simply take the letters that meet their criteria.