Letters for Neuro?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1139416

I know that were supposed to have 4 letters. If two are neuro, what should the other 2 be? Should I just go for the attendings with whom I had the best relationships?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Some MD schools offer a Neuro Department letter. But you're at a DO school, so that's not an option. So you need at least 1 more letter, probably better to have 2.

You are very late with this. ERAS opens on 9/28. LOR processing tends to take 5+ days. You'll want to assign the letter to programs before ERAS opens (ideally). Realistically you need this letter written and submitted by the end of next week if you want it in your app for opening day. Monday is a holiday. Faculty are busy. Do not delay.

Yes. Some MD schools offer a Neuro Department letter. But you're at a DO school, so that's not an option. So you need at least 1 more letter, probably better to have 2.

You are very late with this. ERAS opens on 9/28. LOR processing tends to take 5+ days. You'll want to assign the letter to programs before ERAS opens (ideally). Realistically you need this letter written and submitted by the end of next week if you want it in your app for opening day. Monday is a holiday. Faculty are busy. Do not delay.

I’m actually a 3rd year LOL. Just preparing ahead!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that were supposed to have 4 letters. If two are neuro, what should the other 2 be? Should I just go for the attendings with whom I had the best relationships?
Usually an IM letter is a good idea to include since Neuro is kind of an extension of IM. But besides having at least 1 Neuro letter, there is no rule to who can write a LOR for you unless specifically specified by a program. I had 4 LORs as well, 1 from one of my Neuro auditions, 1 from the IM chair at my school who is also a Neurologist, 1 IM LOR, and 1 Psych.

Last edited: