letter to editor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dox4lyfe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is it viewed to write a letter to editor for a nsg paper published 3 years ago? I see something glaringly wrong with the analysis that I wanted to point it. Is it too late now?

Members don't see this ad.

How is it viewed to write a letter to editor for a nsg paper published 3 years ago? I see something glaringly wrong with the analysis that I wanted to point it. Is it too late now?

From what I can tell, you're a medical student. I doubt the journal would be interested in publishing a letter to the editor from something that long ago, particularly if no experienced neurosurgeons have bothered to write in.

From what I can tell, you're a medical student. I doubt the journal would be interested in publishing a letter to the editor from something that long ago, particularly if no experienced neurosurgeons have bothered to write in.
Solid take. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually letter to the editors have to be submitted within 3-6 months of the original articles publication date

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I don't think writing a letter to the editor this far out would go over well. If you have questions about the paper and conclusions therein, you could contact the authors directly (usually there is an e-mail address) for curiosity's sake