Letter of Recommendation Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Insaiyandave

Reaction score
Alright, so I am to the point where I am starting to get all of my letters of rec together for the upcoming cycle and am in need of an outside opinion for some choices I have. First, I am a Georgia resident and %100 would like to stay in-state. Over the years, my family and I have been good friends with our state's last governor who recently just ended his final term. Do you think getting a letter of recommendation from him would be beneficial, especially given that he attended Mercer (one of the schools I'm applying to)? Another thing that has bothered me slightly is that I have two science recommendations from professors who both taught the same course (biochemistry). One professor taught the first half, and the other professor the other half. I asked both of them to write me letters of rec b/c I developed quite a nice relationship with both of them. Do you think that because it was from the same class I am doing myself a disservice? Lastly, it is a bit odd, but I am an avian biology major and have developed very strong relationships with a few professors in that department. I have done research with them, and we are pretty casual friends at this point. Do you think avian biology would count as a science letter, or a non-science? Regardless, I am going to use them for non-science, at the least. This is a lot of info, but I am very open to suggestions!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

1) on governor letter: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
2) on 2 science letters from same course. Technically OK, I would look at it as weaker than it could have been
3) on avian biology. Birds are biological
4) So where is a REAL non-science letter?
I have a spanish one as well if possible! Should have mentioned that