Letter of Interest , is there a Format???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BjOrKnRaDiOhEaD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone

I havent gotten an Interview yet at one of my top choices, but I want to write them a letter telling them that I would love to go to their school, I hope that this can help me, and for them to see that I truly want to get an interview

but is there a Format for this letter, is there a website online that can help?

also, is there a to do and not to do list of things i should or shouldnt say in the letter?

thanks a bunch everyone, i am soooooooo thankful for all the help everyone gives me,

noosh:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

I think your best bet is to tell them the truth -- your reasons for wanting to attend their school, your knowledge of the campus, etc, etc. Be sure to include a letterhead and everything.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
i want to write a letter also, pre-interview!
who do you address the letter to, the dean or the admissions office?
is it proper to state that one of your reasons for wanting to attend is that you went there as an undergrad and your boyfriend is also a student?

Originally posted by Chrisobean
i want to write a letter also, pre-interview!
who do you address the letter to, the dean or the admissions office?
is it proper to state that one of your reasons for wanting to attend is that you went there as an undergrad and your boyfriend is also a student?

I don't think so. unless your boyfriend is your husband.

BUMP!!!!

come on guys, i know that most of you have done this in the past, why cant anyone give an answer? im sure you got plenty of advice when you were in this position and writing your first LOI. aren't we suppose to be helping each other out? or is help not in the vocab of most pre-meds?

Originally posted by NYCheartlMD
I don't think so. unless your boyfriend is your husband.

and what about a future husband??

Search on the threads, under "letter of interest" or "letter of intent" and you should find a lot of posts. The advice in the posts is really helpful and I followed it when writing a letter of interest.

For writing the letter of interest, I first stated that I am writing because I continue to be interested in the school and I think the school is a great match for me.

Then I talked about what I liked about the school-- the factors that I think make it a great match for me. I mentioned specific details regarding the curriculum and clinical training.

Then I ended with what I could contribute to the school and how I can make a positive impact on the school.

I hope this helps!