Let's make a thread of the programs that have sent thank yous to applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone heard from any of the academic NYC programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Any updates out there?

i also got a letter from penn with a hand-written note from the pd saying that they would "love" to have me and wanting to know if there sia nything they can do to "make that happen."

did everyone who interviewed at penn get a hand-written note that was this overt? if so, that would be very interesting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Burt Bachrach said:
i also got a letter from penn with a hand-written note from the pd saying that they would "love" to have me and wanting to know if there sia nything they can do to "make that happen."

did everyone who interviewed at penn get a hand-written note that was this overt? if so, that would be very interesting.

Yep, I got one from UPenn that said they would "love to have me" there but they didn't ask me if there was anything they could do to "make that happen". It had a sentence that was pretty close to that though. Other people have posted on this forum saying that they received similiar thank you notes from Penn. I didn't put too much stock in it.

Good Luck

Also got a similar letter, but did not get the extra little "if there is anything we can do" part. They did say that they would love to have me, i was a perfect fit, etc. Seems standard maybe? who knows. Seems like they liked you, maybe you can try to negotiate for a porsche in exchange for a top slot on your rank list =).

Bicycle, nice going! I did not get an email from UCSF PD, so I don't think it's standard at all. I only got a standard email from UCSF PD regarding increase in salary, etc. Great news for you!

Got one from BIDMC but it was in response to my thank you, not spontaneous...

Got one from Tufts-NEMC

Has anyone received any post-interview communication or vibes from Stanford?

How about UCSD? Anyone hear anything from them?

cubby said:
Has anyone received any post-interview communication or vibes from Stanford?

I noticed in an old thread on this site (last year or year before) that Stanford's PD has a policy of NOT communicating post interview. If anybody knows different, please correct me.

Good luck everybody!

Any post-interview correspondence from Cornell?
I haven't heard jack

Members don't see this ad :)
Any word from University of Maryland, Baylor, or Emory after the interview?

Jamezuva said:
how bout Wash U, Duke, or UCLA?

I have gotten post-interview correspondence from Duke both soon after the interview, and recently

Dazed said:
I have gotten post-interview correspondence from Duke both soon after the interview, and recently

Ooop. Wish I could've gotten your Duke correspondance.

I did just receive a U-Ab email today though.

I got a very positive email from the Penn PD this morning...I was wondering how many people got this also. Anyone hear from them?

Man, the lack of correspondence from my top picks leaves me worried :( :scared: Am I gonna end up matching to my #8 pick? :mad:

Jamezuva said:
Man, the lack of correspondence from my top picks leaves me worried :( :scared: Am I gonna end up matching to my #8 pick? :mad:

i hear ya. no love for me either from any of the programs i liked. can't do anything about it now i guess, just leave it up to the computer.

ak1978 said:
I got a very positive email from the Penn PD this morning...I was wondering how many people got this also. Anyone hear from them?

I got one from Penn. It was very positive, but I am curious to know how individualized the email was.....do you think everyone who interviewed there got it? not sure.

good luck to everyone!

Email from Cornell.

Anything from UCSD, at least, any response to your thank you letters.

E-mail from UW in response to my e-mail...

pretzel said:
Email from Cornell.

Pretzel - was that a personalized email from the PD? Or was it the same email all of the applicants got?

Pili said:

Pili - was that from the PD? Or was it one of your interviewers?

Got a response Saturday to my thank you letter at ucsd.

Dazed said:
Pili - was that from the PD? Or was it one of your interviewers?
My super cool interviewer. I have not thanked the PD.

OK, here is my guess. PDs nationally, who as you know have their conventions and meetings, must have decided to tone down the post-interview corespondence, to protect the integrity of the match and to protect their rears against litigation or unpleasantness. I have noticed that this post-interview communication is handled, except on rare occasions, in a very careful way.

barrytee said:
Got a response Saturday to my thank you letter at ucsd.

barrytee - Was that from the PD or the interviewer and also was that a positive response? I am hoping to hear back from the PD to my letter last week.

from the pd. positive response. had at least 2 wk turnaround time. g'luck.

Did anyone else who interviewed at MGH get an unsolicited email from the PD there this past week. It looked like a form email and said "you were one of the best applicants we saw this year, and are clearly in the very top group of our rank list." They also called, too.

I was very surprised to say the least. It seems like some sort of bizarro world (either that, or someone is playing a really mean prank).

Anyone else have an experience like that.

--AF

Pili said:

May I ask what did they say in specific?

email from stanford interviewer. ?response to thank you note? i sent a card after my interview in december, and just got the email. anyone else hear from them?

Would you mind mentioning what exactly your interviewer said to you in this email? What was the nature of the email just a belated "thanks for your note, good luck" email or a "we're interested, I'm trying to lure you" email?

Nice e-mail sent to ALL interviewees (I'm pretty sure) from U of Maryland thanking us for interviewing and updating us on some new developments in the program. Very well-funded, progressive program; I recommend it to anyone applying next year.

cubby said:
Would you mind mentioning what exactly your interviewer said to you in this email? What was the nature of the email just a belated "thanks for your note, good luck" email or a "we're interested, I'm trying to lure you" email?

I'm wondering about the above questions specifically for Stanford...any info?

cubby said:
I'm wondering about the above questions specifically for Stanford...any info?

hi. i got a brief email from my interviewer at stanford. i did send him a thank you note, but i couldn't tell you if his email was a response to that, because 1) they didn't mention the note, and 2) it would be a very late reply, if that's what it is. it was basically just a nice note along the lines of "we liked you." i'm not going to try to read into it too much, but it was nice to receive (esp. since stanford is my top choice).

Got unsolicited emails from MGH and BID. Like everyone else it seems, I got a very nice email and letter from Penn ("We'd love to have you!! Let me know what I can do to make that happen!!") Though, nothing from Penn in the last month. Guess I am off their wish list.

I got no such email from Penn :(

They are my #1 choice and I even sent them an email stating that fact a week ago but have yet to get any response. I sure wish they said they'd "love having me"

Jamezuva said:

They are my #1 choice and I even sent them an email stating that fact a week ago but have yet to get any response. I sure wish they said they'd "love having me"

I'm right there with you - my top choices aren't showing me any love (although I know for a fact that UNC is a love-free program)...

This week I've gotten some love from WFU (phone call from committee member), Alabama (I'd certainly be thrilled if you chose to come here), MUSC (note).

I'm just happy to get any love, so long as I am not left scrambling, I will be a happy woman come March 17th.

Jamezuva said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I got the famous email but i'm not counting on it meaning anything, which was advice givent to me from someone who went through the process and seems to be a reliable source.

good luck !

Anyone get a letter in the last few days from MGH? It's not the "you are at the top of our list" letter that some others on here have gotten, but it was a nice letter in any case. Anyone else get it?

boolaboo said:
Anyone get a letter in the last few days from MGH? It's not the "you are at the top of our list" letter that some others on here have gotten, but it was a nice letter in any case. Anyone else get it?

yes, but i don't think it means anything... i think everyone got it.

i have been getting intense verbal handjobs from U of Colorado over the last few days.

colorado,

more than just the letter they sent out to about 170 people the other day?

carol ann said:
I'm right there with you - my top choices aren't showing me any love (although I know for a fact that UNC is a love-free program)...

This week I've gotten some love from WFU (phone call from committee member), Alabama (I'd certainly be thrilled if you chose to come here), MUSC (note).

I'm just happy to get any love, so long as I am not left scrambling, I will be a happy woman come March 17th.

as updated elsewhere, unc has started spreading some love...I personally know about 7 or 8 people who've gotten some, so I don't take it too seriously.

UMass thank you to all who interviewed, and like the Maryland letter, talked about advances in the program and increased funding. Of course, they interviewed more applicants than ever this year, which is not reassuring to me! I let them know they were in my top 3, so I hope that helps:)

barrytee said:
colorado,

more than just the letter they sent out to about 170 people the other day?

2 thank yous from interviewers
the letter you mentioned...was it 170?
email from PD
phone call from PD

VCU
BU
UPitt
Tufts (general email to all applicants)
UCDavis (phone call)
UTSW
USC
Maryland (general email to all applicants)
UCSD