Legality of Foley Catheterization?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosted Pumpkin

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I was in the hospital because some fool said I was drunk and suicidal. Unbeknownst to him, I have never been suicidal. But I have been drunk and on this night, yeah I was a little intoxicated.

So the hospital people tell me I have to piss in a jug. I tried but they were all standing around and I'm saying "Hey a little privacy please!"

So they go out and start talking in the hallway so I say "Be quiet! How do you expect me to focus here?"

Well I couldn't do it. So someone comes in and says "You're not gonna make us take it out of you are you?" (Implying he was going to Foley me)

I said "Let me try one more time," like a frightened little child.

So the question is if they tell me to piss and I tell them to shove it, can they legally do that to me?

Members don't see this ad.

You have the right to refuse whatever treatment that is suggested to you. And anyways, a foley can be particularly difficult to place in a patient who doesn't want one.

You have the right to refuse whatever treatment that is suggested to you.

You must not be a psychiatrist.

And anyways, a foley can be particularly difficult to place in a patient who doesn't want one.

Oh okay because I didn't want to have to lay down the law with those medical types next time I go in for something. As far as I'm concerned nothing goes up there. Like the butthole, it's an exit only as far as I'm concerned.

Closing, as this thread is not appropriate for this forum. If you have personal medical questions, consult a physician. If you have legal questions, consult a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.