Lecture Question from an Accepted Pre-Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drsecondchance

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I am an accepted student and will start this summer. I'm considering a school that is very close to home and has a lot of what I'm looking for, but the curriculum for preclinicals is all active learning without lectures. I am a self-starter and studied alone for the MCAT using Coursesaver and Khan Academy lectures, but I'm very much an audio learner and struggle to learn what I need to learn from textbooks. My question is this: outside of the lectures that medical schools offer, is there something similar to AK videos, Chad's videos, some other source where I can get strong lectures that will teach me what I need to know for preclinicals? I know for clinicals there are times I'm going to have to read a textbook, but I really struggle when that's the only source for knowledge. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Boards and beyond, sketchy, osmosis, usmle rz360. There’s plenty of outside lecture materials in pretty much every flavor

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! I am an accepted student and will start this summer. I'm considering a school that is very close to home and has a lot of what I'm looking for, but the curriculum for preclinicals is all active learning without lectures. I am a self-starter and studied alone for the MCAT using Coursesaver and Khan Academy lectures, but I'm very much an audio learner and struggle to learn what I need to learn from textbooks. My question is this: outside of the lectures that medical schools offer, is there something similar to AK videos, Chad's videos, some other source where I can get strong lectures that will teach me what I need to know for preclinicals? I know for clinicals there are times I'm going to have to read a textbook, but I really struggle when that's the only source for knowledge. Thanks!
Active learning without lectures is ideal. There are tons of amazing videos. In addition to the ones above: Pathoma too

Members don't see this ad :)
There are tons of med school professor's lecture son YouTube. Just type in a subject and see what come sup, like, say, pancreatitis.

Don't bother wasting your time doing this before med school! Enjoy your time off.

Reactions: 1 users
Costanzo is a good textbook and probably the only one worth opening. Other than that, there is an insane amount of outside resources at your disposal in med school. Take advantage of them. With some internet sleuthing you can find them all for free. I go to a school with mandatory PBL, few audio lectures (if at all), and have been successful using B&B, Pixorize, and Physeo 1st year.

Lol I don't know of a single person who actually read a textbook.
I read all of costanzo and about 90% of robbin's.
I didn't learn much from it though. Anki for lyfe.