LECOM question..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smgilles

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone had any idea what the acceptance rate to interviews given were at LECOM.

I interview there next Thursday (1/30) and it's my first choice for matriculation. Obviously I am hoping that it is pretty high since I am interviewing there! Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Shane

Members don't see this ad.

Well...You are interviewing a little late. LECOM has been interviewing since September/October. I would think about 50%-70% of their class is full right now. But don't forget all of the post-bacc students have to interview. I do believe quite a few of them gain acceptances and they have a decent sized class.

Thanks....I was assuming about what you were, but was hoping someone had a definitive answer. I wonder what they would tell me if I emailed their admission's office and asked.?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless the decision is whether to go on the LECOM interview or to a funeral, I wouldn't bother the admissions people. We're rounding the corner of the admissions year and the scramble is on...

patients...

I know I know

<----do as I say, not as I do ;)

smgilles,

I just interviewed at LECOM and I was told they were 3/4 full.

However, they say if you interview there, the odds are 70% to your favor on getting accepted.

Good Luck..

Oh and I was accepted, however, I am declining the offer to go to NOVA..therefore, my seat is up for grabs.. Hope you get it..

If you have any ?'s, feel free to ask.

Thx Kasa,

When I interviewed they told me the class was a little over half full and that 70% of those who interview get accepted. My interview went extremely well and I like the school, but the town is a DUMP!!!! I too might hold out and take UNECOM even though the price is much higher. I do like that you can pursue PBL at LECOM so that will weigh in my decision as well.

In addition to that, LECOM administration knows how to spell!

<---(beats a dead horse)

i interviewed there and had what i thought was a terrible interview. they must not have thought so since i was accepted. be prepared for a "textbook" interview, full of obvious questions like "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" and "tell me about your leadership experiences."

i'm declining my acceptance this week (going to OUCOM or KCOM- which one??), so there's one more spot open...

good luck

oops, guess you already interviewed there. good luck anyway :)

One other thing about LECOM....

It really did not impress me that the interviewer, Dr. Sexton, was calling me by the wrong name....

There was no one in my interview group by the name he was calling me, nor was it my middle name....

To me that spells UNPROFESSIONALISM. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!!!!

LECOM can take their acceptance elesewhere.

Did you attempt to correct him?

My family keeps the Italian pronounciation of my last name (which begins with a "G"). In English, G's are pronounced "Ga" with a hard G, but Italian G's on the beginning of words is "Ja". I've learned to either correct people or not bother and put-up/shut-up.

I understand the anger/frustration if you corrected him once and he persisted. If you didn't, we all are human (even if we can spell *COUGH UNECOM*) :laugh:

P.S. pinning your school decision on a single faculty member's actions seems a bit extreme, were there other reasons? (did someone put a tac on your chair?)

Actually, HOmer... It was not a pronunciation problem because my name is Joe and he called me Patrick....

Hmmmm..... Sorry ..but there are no similarities there..

By the way... My choice was not based upon that error.. or rather incompetence, but on the fact that LECOM's staff were very unattached to the students.

And the students looked dazed and confused......

Sorry that about sums up my feelings on LECOM..

However, if anyone chose LECOM, I wish you the best of luck, this is just my little opinion, there were some good points about the school, very few, however, there were some.

Hey...please dont start bashing other schools..i've seen so much of it and im starting to get very tired of it. Every schools has its pros and cons, so lets leave it at that.:D Have a nice day!

Kasa,

I'm sorry you got that impression about LECOM. If it's any consolation, the majority of the class does not like Dr. Sexton, and it's not surprising that he messed up your name. He's just kind of weird-he doesn't fair well in dealing with students.

However, I must say that at lunch today I was talking to another student who was worried about starting systems and was stressed. One of our professors came up to her and said he noticed she was not her normal self yesterday in lecture (a lecture of over 150 students!). They talked about things, and he helped her realize what was important, and to look at the final goals, etc. Granted, not every professor goes to that extent, I think you'd find a lot of professors take a genuine interest in the students.

I know I haven't changed your mind, but I didn't want you to walk away thinking LECOM was all that cold of a place.

Good luck.

njdo

Originally posted by KasaNOVA
And the students looked dazed and confused......

You don't know what you're in for.... :rolleyes:

Well put, Dream. Let's see how everyone looks 1 year from now after finishing 2 tests in one day encompassing over 40 chapters. We're not dazed or confused. We're tired!