This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abisho15

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Haven't seen a thread for this yet so figured I'd start one. Has anyone else applied for the post bacc yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Update: got accepted a few days ago in the mail!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! 499 MCAT, 3.38 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA :)
So awesome to hear those are almost my exact stats and I just applied. I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions. I applied but still waiting on a LOR from a science professor. I emailed the the admissions asking if I needed one since I already have some from applying to there medical school. Did you need a new one for this program? Also how long did it take you to hear from them?

So awesome to hear those are almost my exact stats and I just applied. I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions. I applied but still waiting on a LOR from a science professor. I emailed the the admissions asking if I needed one since I already have some from applying to there medical school. Did you need a new one for this program? Also how long did it take you to hear from them?
I did not need a new letter to apply here. They just took all my LORs and info from my application to their medical school, so it was pretty simple. I got the update on my portal that they made a decision within a few days (2-3 days), and received my letter of acceptance in the mail maybe 4-5 days after that. Overall, they have a pretty quick turnaround, especially this early in the cycle! :)

I did not need a new letter to apply here. They just took all my LORs and info from my application to their medical school, so it was pretty simple. I got the update on my portal that they made a decision within a few days (2-3 days), and received my letter of acceptance in the mail maybe 4-5 days after that. Overall, they have a pretty quick turnaround, especially this early in the cycle! :)
Aweome... thanks for the info hope to be able to tell you in about a week that I got accepted too :)

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think i should just apply or wait until my mcat score come in on may 1st?

Is it possible to get accepted at Lecom post bac with a 2.6-2.7 gpa and high mcat score ? A classmate I had in college applied last year she said her gpa was 2.6 and 509 mcat and got accepted. I was wondering if this is true..

Do you think i should just apply or wait until my mcat score come in on may 1st?
I feel like May is likely too late to apply for this year. I'd check what your AIS value is (combo of your SAT/ACT score and GPA) and if it's above 110-ish, go for it.

Is it possible to get accepted at Lecom post bac with a 2.6-2.7 gpa and high mcat score ? A classmate I had in college applied last year she said her gpa was 2.6 and 509 mcat and got accepted. I was wondering if this is true..
Their minimum GPA requirement is 2.7 on a 4.0 scale. You can find their other requirements on their website. If your friend got a 509 MCAT with the minimum 2.7, I could definitely see her being accepted (MCAT made up for low GPA)!

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like May is likely too late to apply for this year. I'd check what your AIS value is (combo of your SAT/ACT score and GPA) and if it's above 110-ish, go for it.

At the end of this semester i'll make a 3.0 cGPA, but as of now my AIS score is around 105..really banking on the MCAT but i won't get my score until May 1st. You think i can apply now and ask for them to wait to make a decision until my score comes in?

At the end of this semester i'll make a 3.0 cGPA, but as of now my AIS score is around 105..really banking on the MCAT but i won't get my score until May 1st. You think i can apply now and ask for them to wait to make a decision until my score comes in?

They technically don't require the MCAT to apply to their Post Bacc program. I know people in my class who took the MCAT while in the program.

I would email them and ask what they think. You could email Jamie, he's really nice. They tend to be very honest with students about what they're looking for and who they consider to be qualified enough to be accepted. Ask him what the minimum AIS is and that should give you a better idea.

Reactions: 1 user
Officially got my letter of acceptance :)
Congratulations!! So excited to be meeting you in September :) As it gets closer I'm sure we'll all be nervously discussing details about moving to Erie XD

Congratulations!! So excited to be meeting you in September :) As it gets closer I'm sure we'll all be nervously discussing details about moving to Erie XD
Yeah I have already been looking at places to live I have a baby, wife and two dogs so its kinda crazy and don't want to wait to long to find a place

Think I have a good chance?I was referred to apply by the DO school, my LECOM-graded stats are (due to no grade replacement): 2.993 GPA, 2.873 BCPM, 504 MCAT.

Also, AIS is 110, not sure if its good enough, says i'm eligible with a 28 ACT

Think I have a good chance?I was referred to apply by the DO school, my LECOM-graded stats are (due to no grade replacement): 2.993 GPA, 2.873 BCPM, 504 MCAT.
Yah, I think you’d have a pretty good shot. Most of my classmates this year had similar stats

Your stats should be fine for acceptance

No, I’m a current post bacc but will be continuing on as an MS1 next year
If you don't mind me asking how did you like the program ? Were there a good amount of students that got accepted into the DO program for the next year ? Do you get to choose which location you want to attend school or is it automatically Erie. I am from Tampa, Fl so its only about 30 mins from there Brandenton Campus so its my ideal place to attend Med school. Sorry for all the questions and thank you for your help.

LECOM Post-bacc alum and current anesthesiology resident here.

The program works, my education start to finish was appropriate and sufficient. If you get in, go. It’ll be your best chance of getting into MS. Don’t screw around, it’s not college year 5, it’s business time.

Hope to see you as LECOM alum in the future.

Reactions: 8 users
I can't seem to find specifics of the pathway into the DO school from this program on their website. Can someone help me out with that?

I can't seem to find specifics of the pathway into the DO school from this program on their website. Can someone help me out with that?

Historically it has been, “get a 3.0 or better in program” (grades or A, B,C, F only; no +/-), have a certain MCAT, and have an interview (which is more of a formality). Also, don’t get into any trouble in the city or school.

Hey guys,

SO I am interested in applying to this cycle's program. Does anyone know if they would accept a c- in organic chemistry 2. I am planning on retaking it in the summer.
Also besides a 3.2 gpa, what else is required to gain acceptance straight from the post back? Also could you apply to other medical schools during post back?

Hey guys,

SO I am interested in applying to this cycle's program. Does anyone know if they would accept a c- in organic chemistry 2. I am planning on retaking it in the summer.
Also besides a 3.2 gpa, what else is required to gain acceptance straight from the post back? Also could you apply to other medical schools during post back?

Best thing to do would be email Jamie Murphy asking that. Other than the 3.2 you need to have the 40th percentile MCAT which is a 497 I think or if you use the AIS then whatever AIS LECOM asks, I think it’s about 115? And yes you can apply to medical schools during the post bacc

Just got my letter of acceptance!

Is anyone applying this year for the post bacc in dentistry?

Hey guys,

I’m a current post bacc. And I know a few classmates that have similar organic chemistry grades as yourself.

You can apply to as many school as you would like during the program. There were many students this year to get interviews from other school throughout the fall semester and now in the spring.

Other than the required GPA, and MCAT score to get the interview. You must not do anything stupid outside of class (get in trouble with the law, etc.) Or fail a class. There are a few students who underestimated the 1 credit courses. If you have straight A’s but fail a 1 credit course (which is easier than it sounds), you cannot be accepted

I’m a current post bacc. And I know a few classmates that have similar organic chemistry grades as yourself.

You can apply to as many school as you would like during the program. There were many students this year to get interviews from other school throughout the fall semester and now in the spring.

Other than the required GPA, and MCAT score to get the interview. You must not do anything stupid outside of class (get in trouble with the law, etc.) Or fail a class. There are a few students who underestimated the 1 credit courses. If you have straight A’s but fail a 1 credit course (which is easier than it sounds), you cannot be accepted
Hello I really appreciate your feedback. Do you feel a good percentage got into the Medical school the next year? I also would like to know if there are any areas you would not recommend living. The rent seems so cheap in some places and to good to be true. I have a wife and baby so i want to make sure I am in a safe area. Thank you so much

Hello I really appreciate your feedback. Do you feel a good percentage got into the Medical school the next year? I also would like to know if there are any areas you would not recommend living. The rent seems so cheap in some places and to good to be true. I have a wife and baby so i want to make sure I am in a safe area. Thank you so much

Since our semester is isn't over yet, I don't know how many people are officially in but there are a good number already accepted. Essentially, what the program comes down to is your performance and nothing else. Everyone helps each other out tremendously and it is no longer a competition with the person sitting beside you for a spot.

I would recommend Lakeview apartments. It is a very nice community less than a mile from campus. There are families and other professionals living there. The apartments also have garages, which is nice when it snows.

Just sent in my application. Does anyone know the turnaround is? 497/3.8-3.9 GPA

Just sent in my application. Does anyone know the turnaround is? 497/3.8-3.9 GPA
You'll make it, don't worry about it, they're quick into making decisions, you'll get the letter soon!

If you don't mind me asking how did you like the program ? Were there a good amount of students that got accepted into the DO program for the next year ? Do you get to choose which location you want to attend school or is it automatically Erie. I am from Tampa, Fl so its only about 30 mins from there Brandenton Campus so its my ideal place to attend Med school. Sorry for all the questions and thank you for your help.
Hey sorry, classes have gotten the best of me recently. It's honestly a pretty good program with a really solid reputation. They do a really good job preparing you for medical school and every former post bacc has told me that first semester of your MS 1 year is a breeze given that it's basically just a giant review. It's really nice that we have the same professors that will teach us in med school.

Our program initially started with about 170ish students and we're down to about 130ish now. From all of the stats that I've seen, about 60-70 students continue on into LECOM's medical school. Now keep in mind that number doesn't include those who got accepted elsewhere. You get a chance to choose what location you want to attend, but there aren't a whole lot of spots for Bradenton. Being a Florida resident is a huge plus that will definitely help, I would also focus on getting the best grade that you can get 1st semester. And I don't mind the questions, I was curious coming into it so I'll do my best to help you guys coming in.

Hey everyone,
I saw a few current Post-Baccs have already responded to your questions and I figured I would help out if you guys have any questions I'd be happy to help!

Hey sorry, classes have gotten the best of me recently. It's honestly a pretty good program with a really solid reputation. They do a really good job preparing you for medical school and every former post bacc has told me that first semester of your MS 1 year is a breeze given that it's basically just a giant review. It's really nice that we have the same professors that will teach us in med school.

Our program initially started with about 170ish students and we're down to about 130ish now. From all of the stats that I've seen, about 60-70 students continue on into LECOM's medical school. Now keep in mind that number doesn't include those who got accepted elsewhere. You get a chance to choose what location you want to attend, but there aren't a whole lot of spots for Bradenton. Being a Florida resident is a huge plus that will definitely help, I would also focus on getting the best grade that you can get 1st semester. And I don't mind the questions, I was curious coming into it so I'll do my best to help you guys coming in.
I really appreciate you responding to me. One other question I have is about living there I have a wife and a baby so I want to make sure I stay in a safe location some places have super cheap rent and just seem to good to be true are there any parts of town you would not recommend living. Thanks for the help

I really appreciate you responding to me. One other question I have is about living there I have a wife and a baby so I want to make sure I stay in a safe location some places have super cheap rent and just seem to good to be true are there any parts of town you would not recommend living. Thanks for the help

I don't have recommendations in terms of cheaper housing, so maybe someone else can chime in on that. I currently rent through Agresti, and he charges about $700/room though you might be able to get a whole house discount. My recommendation would be to check around on craigslist and the LECOM buy/sell Facebook page as people have already started advertising.

Location wise, I would definitely recommend staying south of 32nd street (so street numbers higher than 32nd). Not saying there aren't good areas north of 32nd, but just a general trend. Millcreek Township is a pretty safe area, I would absolutely stay away from The Reserve.

I have a question. I've heard in other forums that a master's degree will not impact your undergrad GPA. Do you all know if this program will impact and add to your undergraduate GPA when applying to medical school. I'm trying to decide whether I should apply to LECOM post bacc or masters.. Thanks for your help!

I have a question. I've heard in other forums that a master's degree will not impact your undergrad GPA. Do you all know if this program will impact and add to your undergraduate GPA when applying to medical school. I'm trying to decide whether I should apply to LECOM post bacc or masters.. Thanks for your help!
I don't believe so. Unfortunately your undergrad GPA is pretty much set once you graduate. This program can help in the sense that it would allow med schools to get a better idea of how you can handle upper level sciences.

hey guys...is there a facebook group for accepted students yet?

Hey guys, I have two questions regarding Health Sciences post bacc program:
(1) Does the letter of recommendation need to be specifically typed by my science professor to LECOM or I can send generic medical school committee letter which includes my science professor letter too in interfolio to LECOM?
(2) My MCAT score won't be out until July 17. Is that too late to submit my score? I heard people getting acceptances through the first week of September. I didn't take SAT, so I am not going to use AIS thingy.
Thank you!