LECOM Post-bacc 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know if the acceptance letter is just a letter or a packet?

From previous forums, people have said that the acceptance letter comes in a normal envelope. So we can't tell whether or not we got rejected or accepted at first glance. It's nerve-wracking how we have to wait our letter to come through snail mail though. But good luck everyone! I hope you all get in!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Heyy still waiting with the rest of yall !:) I have been waiting for my Aacomas to be verified before i apply. I just got my letter turned in! I am confident about getting in.

Does anyone know if there is an interview?

I believe there is no interview. I did not have one, and my status changed from under review to decision.

Heyy still waiting with the rest of yall !:) I have been waiting for my Aacomas to be verified before i apply. I just got my letter turned in! I am confident about getting in.

Does anyone know if there is an interview?
Good to hear from you. No interviews thank goodness. I agree, you should have no problem with getting into this program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the acceptance letter today. I'm hoping to hear great news from everyone as well!

I received the acceptance letter today. I'm hoping to hear great news from everyone as well!
You the man! Congratulations! Here's hoping to being your classmate. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Found out yesterday that I've been accepted as well! Hope to see you guys this Fall and good luck to you all!!

Reactions: 1 users
23 MCAT 3.8 cumulative GPA and 3.8 science GPA

23 MCAT 3.8 cumulative GPA and 3.8 science GPA
I thought this program was for people who's stats were not that strong lol. I think my rejection letter is in the mail.

My verbal reasoning score was really bad on both attempts on my MCAT so that's why I decided to do the program. Im sure you'll be fine!

I thought this program was for people who's stats were not that strong lol. I think my rejection letter is in the mail.
I wouldn't say that! Its too soon to know. Have you called and asked?

At least you already got accepted into another program as a back up!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't say that! Its too soon to know. Have you called and asked?
My student portal says my letter is in the mail. I think my stats are too low for this program now that I see the stats of the people who have gotten accepted so far.

At least you already got accepted into another program as a back up!
You're right. But it sure would be nice to go to a program that basically guarantees admissions into medical school.

My student portal says my letter is in the mail. I think my stats are too low for this program now that I see the stats of the people who have gotten accepted so far.

I'm also worried because my stats are quite low and I have just recently submitted my app:/ Would you mind sharing your stats?

Just received my acceptance letter today! I wish everyone the best of luck!

Just received my acceptance letter today! I wish everyone the best of luck!
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats? Hopefully my letter comes today so I can stop worrying and asking everyone about their stats. Again, I'm sorry to bother you.

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats? Hopefully my letter comes today so I can stop worrying and asking everyone about their stats. Again, I'm sorry to bother you.
It's not a problem! I have a 3.1science, 3.4nonscience, and a 25 MCAT. I feel like they'll be more lenient with the grades for people who apply early, so I wouldn't stress too much!

It's not a problem! I have a 3.1science, 3.4nonscience, and a 25 MCAT. I feel like they'll be more lenient with the grades for people who apply early, so I wouldn't stress too much!
Thank you for such a fast reply. I hope you're right. Congratulations again, I know you're excited. As will I!

Thank you for such a fast reply. I hope you're right. Congratulations again, I know you're excited. As will I!
I hope nw is right too. I applied a couple of weeks ago with a 3.08 cgpa, 2.93 sgpa, and 30 MCAT. I hope I applied early enough given my sub-par numbers.

I hope nw is right too. I applied a couple of weeks ago with a 3.08 cgpa, 2.93 sgpa, and 30 MCAT. I hope I applied early enough given my sub-par numbers.
My GPA's are just slightly better, but your MCAT blows mine out of this universe. I think you should be fine.

Rejected today. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting and best wishes to all those who will be attending in the Fall.

Rejected today. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting and best wishes to all those who will be attending in the Fall.

Really sorry to hear that. don't give up though. this program isn't your last shot. maybe you'll have to retake the mcat or boost your application; but if med school is really where you want to go, you'll figure it out.

Rejected today. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting and best wishes to all those who will be attending in the Fall.[/QU
Dont give up! Are you signed up to retake the MCAT?

Really sorry to hear that. don't give up though. this program isn't your last shot. maybe you'll have to retake the mcat or boost your application; but if med school is really where you want to go, you'll figure it out.
Thank you for the encouragement. I'm looking into other options.

I think I may take it in August. Now that I won't be going to LECOM I'm not in such a rush.

Hello everyone I just received my letter of acceptance today. I'm not sure if I will be going yet because I have a wait list interview at Campbell in about 1 week and I also applied to Nova's Post Bacc as well. Seeing as how I am from Florida, Nova is the higher choice than Erie, however Nova's standards of acceptance are bit tougher seeing as they require an interview etc.. If I'm rejected from both programs than I will be attending Erie this fall.

Hello everyone I just received my letter of acceptance today. I'm not sure if I will be going yet because I have a wait list interview at Campbell in about 1 week and I also applied to Nova's Post Bacc as well. Seeing as how I am from Florida, Nova is the higher choice than Erie, however Nova's standards of acceptance are bit tougher seeing as they require an interview etc.. If I'm rejected from both programs than I will be attending Erie this fall.

Congrats! Do you and @futdoc251989 mind posting your stats? I'm getting super antsy waiting for a decision; my admissions status has been on "application under review."

I don't mind I took the mcat twice my first score was a 22 and my retake a 24 with 8's across the board. Cum gpa 3.47 and science gpa was around 3.25 if we include labs.

turning down my acceptance here to go to LMU's program , good luck yall hope one of you get it

Received my acceptance in the mail yesterday ( cGPA 3.25, sGPA 2.99, MCAT 27). When the program is finished can we interview at both the LECOM-E and LECOM-B campuses? I have ties to Bradenton and would like to end up at school there, but if they only accept 5-6 students from this program the risk would be pretty big compared to the Erie campus, if we can only chose one

Received my acceptance in the mail yesterday ( cGPA 3.25, sGPA 2.99, MCAT 27). When the program is finished can we interview at both the LECOM-E and LECOM-B campuses? I have ties to Bradenton and would like to end up at school there, but if they only accept 5-6 students from this program the risk would be pretty big compared to the Erie campus, if we can only chose one

Congrats! You can give your preference, but like you said, the B-campus is much more selective. Giving your preference for B-campus won't hurt your chances of getting into the Erie, from what I understand.

Hey everyone I just got my MCAT back today and I didn't do too well :( 24 (10/6/8) so I am going to apply to this program as this was my back up plan just in case I did bad. I filled out most of the application but I have a few questions. Do we have to email our MCAT scores to them? And if we maintain a 3.0 in the program and get accepted to their medical school do we get in next fall or the year after? Thanks guys

Hey everyone I just got my MCAT back today and I didn't do too well :( 24 (10/6/8) so I am going to apply to this program as this was my back up plan just in case I did bad. I filled out most of the application but I have a few questions. Do we have to email our MCAT scores to them? And if we maintain a 3.0 in the program and get accepted to their medical school do we get in next fall or the year after? Thanks guys
If you applied anywhere through AACOMAS then they can use your MCAT and grades from that, that's what I was able to do. And as far as I know if we are accepted after we're invited for an interview that spring, we start in the following fall.

If you applied anywhere through AACOMAS then they can use your MCAT and grades from that, that's what I was able to do. And as far as I know if we are accepted after we're invited for an interview that spring, we start in the following fall.
I didn't apply through AACOMAS yet, I was planning on applying this cycle but now I don't even think I can get in anywhere at this point.

I didn't apply through AACOMAS yet, I was planning on applying this cycle but now I don't even think I can get in anywhere at this point.
Then you'll most likely have to email it somehow. If you email Mr. Murphy from admissions he'll be able to tell you how to do everything you need, he's always been super helpful for me!

Then you'll most likely have to email it somehow. If you email Mr. Murphy from admissions he'll be able to tell you how to do everything you need, he's always been super helpful for me!
That's what I will do then. Thanks I appreciate the help!

The science LOR instructions for the recommender include "Either recommend/not recommed the applicant for the LECOM Health Sciences Post Baccalaureate Program."
I'm wondering how important that is. Would I be able to use the science LOR I used for applying to med school with the generic "I recommend this person for med school"

The science LOR instructions for the recommender include "Either recommend/not recommed the applicant for the LECOM Health Sciences Post Baccalaureate Program."
I'm wondering how important that is. Would I be able to use the science LOR I used for applying to med school with the generic "I recommend this person for med school"
All of the letters I sent to any program were ones recommending me into a medical school. I think since it is still a program in a College of Osteopathic Medicine, the generic medical school LOR was fine.

All of the letters I sent to any program were ones recommending me into a medical school. I think since it is still a program in a College of Osteopathic Medicine, the generic medical school LOR was fine.
Thank you :)

Just an update my aacomas were just verified and I plan on submitting my app to lecom next week! Super exited

For those of you that have already applied/been accepted-- I am currently applying to the program and I am trying to answer the essay question in which they ask why this school... Their website does not have many details at all about the program. I was just looking for some guidance in terms of what to write about besides writing about the academics of the school. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ive been accepted to this program and I'm very excited about it, but I was hoping that some one can help me with some questions I have..
I know they dont have a cap on the number of people they admit (normally 100+), Jamie Murphy told me that 60% of last years class matriculated
Of the students who have a 24 MCAT and get over a 3.0 while they are there in the program, how many of them matriculate? is it still 60%?
Or is it almost guaranteed if you get over that 3.0?
Also- should I consider retaking my MCAT?

Ive been accepted to this program and I'm very excited about it, but I was hoping that some one can help me with some questions I have..
I know they dont have a cap on the number of people they admit (normally 100+), Jamie Murphy told me that 60% of last years class matriculated
Of the students who have a 24 MCAT and get over a 3.0 while they are there in the program, how many of them matriculate? is it still 60%?
Or is it almost guaranteed if you get over that 3.0?
Also- should I consider retaking my MCAT?
For the details about GPA and matriculation I would ask Mr. Murphy, I don't know anything like that. I know that as long as you keep the 3.0 you get an interview in the spring, so as long as you nail the interview you'll be matriculated.