Lecom PharmD program! Help My girlfriend!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phar

The Pacifist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My girlfriend is planning to go to the pharmacy school at Lecom. We are both kind of worried about 'long distance relationship' because none of us have been in that before but we are making out plans now..
Anyway, do you guys(med.students) take classes with the pharmd students? Are they very intensive?

Lastly, what do you think of the pharmD program at Lecom? Any other insights about Lecom's PharmD will be very helpful.

I know this thread might belong to the pharmD forum but i think current med.students at lecom will be able to help more as i did not see any lecom pharmd students on the pharmd forum.

thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, Congrats to your girlfriend on her acceptance!
To answer you questions, the pharm and DO programs are entirely separate, at least academically. We don't have any classes together, although we do share many faculty members. Pharm even has their own lecture hall and locker room.
However...
The student government and other organizations include both pharm and DO students together. So in this way there is interaction. Also, we are all at the same place every day, so we do get to interact during breaks from class and lunch, etc.
All I can comment on as far as the pharm program goes is what I see and hear, and it seems like the students are happy, but busy! It seems like they are around studying as much as the DO students, and they seem like a close-knit group, just like us. So it seems like a pretty good program from an outsider's point of view!

Oh yeah, and they get spring break! (I think they also go to school in the summer, but a week off would sure be nice right now!) :laugh:

Hermione, Thanks alot!. Just one more quick question. She recieved her housing information a couple of weeks ago. Do you know which apartments are within walking distance from the campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by phar
My girlfriend is planning to go to the pharmacy school at Lecom.

Just curious, what's his name?

Originally posted by Fenrezz
Just curious, what's his name?

His name is Fenrezz. Pms is one of his main problems.

Other DO students, please ignore Fenrezz. His juvenile ideologies are incompatible with his educational level. For every 100 M.D./D.O. graduates, one is a flaw.

As a post Bac this year at LECOM I have worked with the pharm school (work study?) and can say that it seems to be a good program. However, as I type this they are being reviewed for accredidation-which it looks like will be granted...the closest place to live to the school that I know of is scenery hills apartments it is about 2-3 blks from the school. In fact I will be living there in the fall. The only thing that I hear negitive when I hang out with the pharm students is that their schedule is rather condensed...but that is the result of the program being 3 years. On a personal note I have found some of the instructors very helpful and friendly ...I often go to them for help instead of my profs.

phar-

Is your daughter going with you to med school, or will you be have a long distance relationship with her too?

Originally posted by FZISHN
phar-

Is your daughter going with you to med school, or will you be have a long distance relationship with her too?

please....no freaken insults to my daughter....please that is the least respect i want on SDN.

Originally posted by Slickness
Why does everyone bag on phar? :laugh:

they are jealous.... i really don't mind the insult and those other crap from many SDNers....But when it comes to my daughter i get pissed off because she doesn't deserve it. Right?

FIZHIN is an assoh...he must be like 10years old.

Posted by Phar-

please....no freaken insults to my daughter....please that is the least respect i want on SDN.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phar, let me know how exactly I insulted your daughter. Last time I checked, bringing her up was not an insult.

And you will get respect on SDN when you earn it, silly!