LECOM Interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also interviewed at the Bradenton campus on January 27th. On Friday, Jan 30, my portal status changed to "a decision has been made" and I received my acceptance phone call from the dean the next day. Good luck! When I was down for the interview they told us that they had only accepted 22 students and they are looking to accept 110 total.

Members don't see this ad.

I also interviewed at the Bradenton campus on January 27th. On Friday, Jan 30, my portal status changed to "a decision has been made" and I received my acceptance phone call from the dean the next day. Good luck! When I was down for the interview they told us that they had only accepted 22 students and they are looking to accept 110 total.

oh wow..congratulation to u!!! ..i hope it's my turn soon. ... still waiting ..:(

I still haven't heard from Bradenton yet...they said we should have heard by now. My portal still says that they haven't made a decision yet. I wonder if that really means they haven't made a decision yet or if I got waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have also interview at LECOm - Erie on Jan 28. How do you know whether they have accepted you or not? Waiting for mail or checking at the online account(user id and password ) they gave us when we apply to LECOM? How long does it take to hear from them after interview? Pls reply. Thanks.

I interviewed at Erie in November, and it took about three weeks for them to contact me. You will be contacted by snail mail, you wouldnt see a status change on the portal.

Thank you pharmaspire, I already got in.

TKT, as of right now I'm leaning towards Bradenton. I have a few more days to make a final decision, so we'll see.

as of tuesday they told us they had 44 people that put in deposits, about 30 who were accepted but haven't put in deposits yet, and 110 seats to fill... oh and about 30 on the waitlist..

Any Feb 3rd interviewees heard back yet? I have "a decision had been made" but that's it so far... :scared:

I know that Admission Committees meet every friday to review application, just wondering if anyone who had interviewed received the call on that same day or the following .. week

the following week...got the letter in the mail before the call

I was all excited for today being the 1 week mark, hoping to receive that wonderful phone call.

And last night my phone decided to die.

Looks like I'll be hunting for the post carrier.

I talked to Heather in admissions today, the interview dates still available were 2/10, 2/17, 2/24 and 2/26. I asked about early March dates and was told they weren't currently scheduling anything in March...
Hope that helps anyone still waiting to hear!

Hey, I just interviewed yesterday in MWU Glendale, and just got an invite for March 17 in Erie. Anyone else going on March 17 for LECOM interviews?

Hello. I am new here.. I have a question for those who apply both LECOM in Lake Erie and Bradenton...
Are the supplemental application questions for both school the same?
Thank you..please reply back soon:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. I am new here.. I have a question for those who apply both LECOM in Lake Erie and Bradenton...
Are the supplemental application questions for both school the same?
Thank you..please reply back soon:)

The questions are identical. Use the same answers for both.

Hey! I interviewed on Feb. 11th and received a letter in the mail on the 14th that I've been accepted to Lecom-E!! Can't wait to meet anyone else going there!

Hey! I interviewed on Feb. 11th and received a letter in the mail on the 14th that I've been accepted to Lecom-E!! Can't wait to meet anyone else going there!

Wow! Three days?! That is so fast! Congratulations ^ ^

Did they happen to mention the number of seats remaining at the time of your interview? Just curious..

Hey guys..I interviewed November 4 and I got my acceptance call a week later :) All the best to all those who are about to give interviews or are waiting to hear back :xf:

--

Last edited:
How long did it take after you submitted your supplemental to hear back about interviews? I submitted mine on Christmas day and now I'm starting to get a little anxious.

I submitted mine too in late December and just got an interview for March 17. Anyone else intervieing in Erie on March 17?

I applied to LECOM-Erie at the latest possible date and yesterday my admission status changed from "your application is under review" to "a decision has not yet been made on your file". Did anyone get this status without or before having an interview?:confused: Any input will be greatly appreciated!

LECOM-Erie interviewed me last Tuesday, March 3. Today, a letter came in the mail telling me that I've been waitlisted. Now I get to sit back and hope a lot of people turn them down. :xf:

And, Shawna628, despite being waitlisted, my Student Portal still says that a decision has not been made, so it probably isn't worth fretting over if they haven't updated that yet.

I stumbled on this website and was reading some of your feedback and suggestions. I applied at the very last minute (budget cuts in education, teachers are losing their jobs everywhere). Anyway, I am supposed to get my supplemental application stuff towards the end of this week and it due on Monday, I know last minute.

Can any of you tell me if their supplemental application has essay response questions and what they are so that I can get a head start.

Thanks! Congrats and Good Luck to all of you.

I just got my call today for an interview on March 24 at LECOM Bradenton. Anyone else interviewing that day?

Supplemental had 2 questions which were basically:
Why you would be a good pharmacist (your qualities) and why do you want to go to LECOM.

LECOM-Erie interviewed me last Tuesday, March 3. Today, a letter came in the mail telling me that I've been waitlisted. Now I get to sit back and hope a lot of people turn them down. :xf:

And, Shawna628, despite being waitlisted, my Student Portal still says that a decision has not been made, so it probably isn't worth fretting over if they haven't updated that yet.

If you've been interviewed on March 3 and waitlisted, can you imagine what my chances will be with an interview scheduled for April 14. Most of their seats will probably be filled by then, so I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Wishing you luck!

I was there yesterday and they said they had 30 spots open still. Seemed a little high to me considering all of the people who have already been accepted, but that's what they said

I was there yesterday and they said they had 30 spots open still. Seemed a little high to me considering all of the people who have already been accepted, but that's what they said

About how many applicants were invited for interviews on the same day as you?
If there were approximately 30, and they interview once a week, then it's more than likely that those 30 vacant spots will be gone by the time I get to interview. I'm wondering if it's worth the time and money for me to bother attending an interview for no open seats:confused:
Best of luck in getting an acceptance!

[/quote] If there were approximately 30, and they interview once a week, then it's more than likely that those 30 vacant spots will be gone by the time I get to interview. I'm wondering if it's worth the time and money for me to bother attending an interview for no open seats:confused:
Best of luck in getting an acceptance![/quote]

I think you should still interview because when I interviewed 02/26, I'm the only one in my group of 15 that got accepted-from what I know so far. Don't give up just yet :)

Best of Luck to all upcoming interviewees!!!!:D

If there were approximately 30, and they interview once a week, then it's more than likely that those 30 vacant spots will be gone by the time I get to interview. I'm wondering if it's worth the time and money for me to bother attending an interview for no open seats:confused:
Best of luck in getting an acceptance![/quote]

I think you should still interview because when I interviewed 02/26, I'm the only one in my group of 15 that got accepted-from what I know so far. Don't give up just yet :)

Best of Luck to all upcoming interviewees!!!!:D[/quote]

Thanks so much for your encouraging words (helped put me back on perseverance track!) I'll schedule my traveling arrangements and hope for the best:xf:
Congratulations on your acceptance!

Only 30 spots? Yikes. Hopefully more people end up withdrawing, I've already got plans in place in case I don't get in this year (I've already signed up to retake the PCAT during the summer and am considering transferring to a 4-year school to pursue a Bachelors in the meantime), but it'd still be nice to get in. I emailed the Admissions department and they mentioned that June tends to be a busier time for alternate selection, so I guess I just get to sit back and worry for the next few months.

Oh, well. Stress burns calories, right?

One thing in your favor is the prohibitive cost of the school. If a person is accepted to LECOM and a state school that costs half as much, they're more likely to choose the cheaper option, therefore, more seats opened.

Just hold tight, and good luck :)

Those of u who have already interviewed at LECOM-E, if you could pass down n e tips or any info about the interview, what types of questions were asked or n e thing, would be great and helpful! Thanks

FlavyFlav, is that much of a benefit in PA though? How many public schools are there in that state? I know there's Pitt and Temple, but if that's it, I'm not sure if the money becomes a benefit.

CP8038-A lot of teamwork based questions, nothing out of the ordinary in comparison to other schools. It's pretty laid back, so don't worry too much.

FlavyFlav, is that much of a benefit in PA though? How many public schools are there in that state? I know there's Pitt and Temple, but if that's it, I'm not sure if the money becomes a benefit.

CP8038-A lot of teamwork based questions, nothing out of the ordinary in comparison to other schools. It's pretty laid back, so don't worry too much.

Not everyone's hometown is in PA. Applying to private school means being out of state doesn't matter. In my interview group of 15 at LECOM-B only 2 or 3 were from Florida, the rest were from all over. In essence, if your home school accepts you and LECOM accepts you, that spot is probably going to open up again because of the cost. Good luck :)

I just got an interview invite today. Scheduled 4/28. Probably one of the last interviews left. I look forward to it!

Hey Hendlefe, I just got my interview invite from LECOM today also for 4/28 :) Very Excited!

I'll see you there! I'm flying out the day of the interview tho >< like 3 hours after the interview ends :scared:

When I interviewed there some time ago, one of my questions was "some of your professors will have thick accents and you may not always be able to understand them. how do you feel about this?" i kid you not. the funny thing, though, was that the person asking the question had a very thick accent and I had to ask him several times to repeat it. once i finally understood, i said 'no problem at all!' and they smiled and circled the little 5's on their sheets.

moral of the story-if you want to go here, feed them what they want to hear.

When I interviewed there some time ago, one of my questions was "some of your professors will have thick accents and you may not always be able to understand them. how do you feel about this?" i kid you not. the funny thing, though, was that the person asking the question had a very thick accent and I had to ask him several times to repeat it. once i finally understood, i said 'no problem at all!' and they smiled and circled the little 5's on their sheets.

moral of the story-if you want to go here, feed them what they want to hear.

how long was your interview?

how long was your interview?

Yes, please tell us more and could actually see what score they gave you for interview andswers. Id be moritifed if they asked me "why pharmacy" and after responding I saw them circle a 1 or 2. :eek:

Those of you that go to Earie, when does the semester start? June???