LECOM -ERIE Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazylover44u

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi..i just wanted to open up a thread for this school. I just got an letter of accpetance and just wanted to really get a thread going. Lets see how many of you are going to the school.

Members don't see this ad.

If you just got accepted to Eric Campus, it should be class of 2010, not 2011.

Just wondering if anyone who has already had an interview for LECOM Erie (or FL) would be willing to share their experience about the phone interview, i.e. list of questions the interviewer asks would be a huge help and much appreciated. Who conducted the interview, length of interview, and other relevant academic/application stats. I looked in the Interview Feedback section for LECOM and there was only a couple of recent feedback left and most are incomplete.

Thanks in advance if you can share your time and experience to help out.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi..i just wanted to open up a thread for this school. I just got an letter of accpetance and just wanted to really get a thread going. Lets see how many of you are going to the school.

I am going to LECOM-Erie in the fall. Where are you from and when are you moving to Erie?

I will also be attending LECOM Erie in the fall. Congrats to everyone!

Does anyone know if all of the applicants for the erie campus get interviewed. I applied and am still waiting.

Just had an interview yesterday...still considering attending if accepted (already accepted to MCPHS-Boston)...very odd interview though..guy seemed to be in a rush...no basic questions like why pharmacy? why lecom?...he would ask me like a 6 part question..yes 6 part..about group work..and phones and people would be knocking on his door in the background...overrall very confusing and fast...i hungup scratching my head like was that for real?? anyone else have any similar difficulties during your interviews??

Hey everyone. I've recently been accepted to Lecom and will be attending this fall. Congrats to everyone else who was accepted! I'm kind of nervous because I won't know anyone when I move there, has anyone heard anything about housing? :p

I have had an interview with LECOM about 2 weeks ago. Although I heard that they usually let you know about their decesion in about a week I never heard anything from them. Should I call them? Or just wait? or does it mean they are not interested?:confused:

Thanks everyone.

Marco.

I have had an interview with LECOM about 2 weeks ago. Although I heard that they usually let you know about their decesion in about a week I never heard anything from them. Should I call them? Or just wait? or does it mean they are not interested?:confused:

Thanks everyone.

Marco.

i interviewed back in december and i'm still waiting ... they said some applicants may not here until sometime in may ...

Hey everyone. I've recently been accepted to Lecom and will be attending this fall. Congrats to everyone else who was accepted! I'm kind of nervous because I won't know anyone when I move there, has anyone heard anything about housing? :p

hey I have same problem. I am also worried about the housing. well atleast we can help each other with finding a good place.

I had my phone interview with them back in December and got the letter of acceptance 1 week and a half ago.

hey pharm2

I've found out a good amount about the housing and the apartments near erie. Right now I'm just looking for roommates. I won't know anyone, but I'm sure a lot of people will be in the same position as me, so I'm not too worried right now. If you find out anything or have any questions let me know, I'm happy to answer them. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey pharm2

I've found out a good amount about the housing and the apartments near erie. Right now I'm just looking for roommates. I won't know anyone, but I'm sure a lot of people will be in the same position as me, so I'm not too worried right now. If you find out anything or have any questions let me know, I'm happy to answer them. :)

Thank you very much. Do you live in Erie? I live in chicago so right now i have to just wait for july or aug. What should I do? Should I come before that to find apartment? what is the rent per month for the apartment that you have found out?

Thank you very much. Do you live in Erie? I live in chicago so right now i have to just wait for july or aug. What should I do? Should I come before that to find apartment? what is the rent per month for the apartment that you have found out?

All the apartments I called only work on a 30 days notice. They told me to come around mid august. You should not worry about being able to find housing in erie they told me. Plenty of housing available.

No I live in York, it's in PA, but it's all the way on the other side of the state, so Erie is about 5 hours away from me. I wouldn't visit just yet because there is supposed to be a housing packet coming out at the end of may or early june. That's why I'm holding off visiting. I think they'll give you information about which apartments are the closest to the campus and I'm trying to find out if they set you up with roommates, do survey for compatibility, stuff like that. Some of the apartments that I looked at near the campus are around $600-700 for a one bedroom apartment or 800-900 for a two bedroom apartment. These are within walking distance of the campus. I was looking in to rental housing on Craigs list as well, there are some nice 3-4 bedroom houses 15 minutes from Erie. I think these range from $1200-2100 a month, but if there are 3-4 people it wouldn't be that bad. I'm not sure if I'd rather live in an apartment or a house yet. But I wouldn't worry too much right now, there's a lot of time from now until the semester starts and they told me there are still a few packets that still need to be sent. :)

Contact me, if you need a roomate, looking for female, non-smoker, i'm a first year medical student, I have a townhouse or i could break my lease and move to yours.
thanks,

Hi,

I just submitted my Supplemental Application to Lecom Erie and Lecom in Florida. I also submitted all transcripts, LORs, and test scores to Pharmcas. Do I need to send anything else directly to the schools/

Also, my GPA is only 3.238 with BS in BCH. I am taking PCAT in October. Do u think I have a chance/

Thank you,

Smallkitty00

So I guess I'm the first one on this thread is really is going to be in the class of 2011. I had an interview last Tues (the 20th) and got accepted today!!!

So I guess I'm the first one on this thread is really is going to be in the class of 2011. I had an interview last Tues (the 20th) and got accepted today!!!

Conrads Rachieleigh!! I interviewed on the 13 th, and got my acceptance the following week. Ill be seeing you up there!!

Hi guys,
I interviewed on Nov. 28th and just got accepted.

My only concern is for the internship program. You're only able to do 5 internships during the 3rd year... I want to do more than that to see what's out there?

Have you guys heard whether or not the students like it at LECOM? In your opinion do you think its a good school?

Do you guys have any reservations about LECOM?

Thanks

Hey Brigster,

I interviewed on Nov 28th as well and got my acceptance letter a couple of days ago. I am sure we toured and interviewed in the same group. Which one were you? I was wearing a black suit and a blue tie. I was probably the oldest guy in the group...if that helps you remember me. I will be sending my deposit in a week, but have one more application I am going to submit to a program that is closer to home.

I like LECOMs 3 year program vs. the traditional 4 year. Everyone seemed nice at the school, but I am from Texas and I felt so far from home and alone!!! Not to mention it was friggin cold!!! But going out there would be worth it!!! We shall see what happens.

Hey Cpbiceman
Yeah, I remember you. I was the skinny guy with the orange tie - the married one. I'm also applied to a school closer to home, so we'll see how that goes.

Congrats on getting in. I also think LECOM would be a good place to go. The three year program sure is attractive, it would be hard to turn down. So yeah, I'm going to send in my deposit also. And I'd be totally happy to end up there (like they said, we only have to endure the cold for 2 years, right.)

Let me know what you end up doing! Hope to see you there.

Brigster,

I remember you as well. I am glad to hear you got in. You had a great PCAT score and seemed like a pretty smart guy, so I am sure you will get accepted wherever you apply. Its good to know that we have gotten accepted into a pharmacy program already and the pressure is somewhat off.

Keep me posted on your plans regarding LECOM. Best of LUCK!

I have an interview on 1/23/08 at LECOM and I was wondering if those of you who had interviews there had any advice and/or could fill me in on the interview process? THX

Dejavu,

We toured the campus first (everything is in one building) in a small group of about 8-10 people ( i can't really remember the exact number). They went over the curriculum, financial aid and a few other things. The interviews came at the end. I had two instructors interview me. Both were nice. Just dress nice and be nice. Ask questions about the school and the program. Don't be cocky..humility can go a very long way. You get lunch in the end...nothing fancy, but its the thought that counts. Good luck.

when is everyone going to start looking for houseing?

I interviewed at LECOM in Bradenton last Tuesday. For those of you who were accepted, How long did you have to wait to here from them?

yeah I got into LECOM the school was great and I like how they let you do rotations (practicums) almost anywhere

yeah I got into LECOM the school was great and I like how they let you do rotations (practicums) almost anywhere

I have an interview coming up on 01/29/08. can anyone tell me what the interview is like. Thanks!

If you are looking for Erie, there are about 17 feedbacks posted. I had an interview on the 12th and got accepted. It is a nice school. Good luck.

hey guys... i have an interview at LECOM Erie on 2/5/08... I'm really nervous. I really need to wow them in the interview cause my GPA is borderline and my PCAT score wasn't out of this world or anything. Is anyone willing to share some of the questions that were asked or what to expect or how they prepared? Thank you sooo much :)

I just received an interview invite via snail-mail for February 20th. I'm wondering if they do interviews on the 18th, which is Presidents Day (becuase I'm off work).

Please let me know if anyone is aware if they offer interviews on 2/18, or if they have one.

Thanks,

Mike

I just got a letter in the mail today!! I am accepted to LECOM Erie.
I am also accepted at Thomas Jefferson in Philli. I am very impressed with both schools and I love the tour at Thomas Jefferson University hospital; however, I kind of lean toward LECOM due to 3-year accelerated program, cheaper tuition(overall) & accreditation.

But the climate is SHOCKING to me (I was originally from a tropical area)!! I was so sick when I came back from the interview. I have to exercise more to be more "fit", so I don't get sick easily in cold weather.

Do any of the LECOM accepted applicants or current students know if there are 750 hours of the 1500 required intern hours within the curriculum? Or do the students have to get all 1500 hours on their own time? My husband was told that he should find work as an intern this summer and get as much of the 1500 as possible, but we read a thread where someone said 750 of those are provided within the course of study.

Thanks!

Do any of the LECOM accepted applicants or current students know if there are 750 hours of the 1500 required intern hours within the curriculum? Or do the students have to get all 1500 hours on their own time? My husband was told that he should find work as an intern this summer and get as much of the 1500 as possible, but we read a thread where someone said 750 of those are provided within the course of study.

Thanks!

750 is in the curriculum
750 is on your own. (You can start as soon as your accepted)

750 is in the curriculum
750 is on your own. (You can start as soon as your accepted)

Excellent. Thank you. I think in some states you have to wait until the first day of class, but it sounds as if that isn;t the case in PA.

Hi.
I was accepted to LECOM Erie 2011 class. They told us during our interview presentation that the total number of intern hours is 1500; 750 from rotation's through the school and then 750 hours on your own interning. They also told us that, as soon as you are accepted ,you can apply for a Pennsylvania Intern license and that you should do so because it can take up to 6 weeks to get it. That way you can work this summer to get some of the 750 hrs done you need outside of the school's rotations.
Hope that helps.

I am new to this forum. I am accepted to LECOM School of Pharmacy for 2011. I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone and I'll see you in the Fall. :thumbup: So has anyone decided or found the best places to live?

Aurora

Hey Congrats on your acceptance! I'm hoping to go to Erie some weekend in April and look around to see which apartments are close to LECOM. I am also on a few waiting lists for apartments I found online.

Just received a call this morning for an Interview at Lecom Erie on April 15th... I am so excited... I wasn't expecting this at all, especially due to my University messing up my application. They told me either that you can come on April 15, or April 16 for an on site interview. Those are the two choices they gave me. As I have science exposition on April 16 at my University for my research. I had no other choice except for April 15. X_X

Also they told me that I will receive information in the mail concerning this...

A couple question concerning the on-site interview. If you guys can help me out. I would greatly appreciate it. What time should I actually reach there. Its a 6 and half hour drive from where I live. X_X But you got to do what you have to hopefully get accepted. I pray that I get accepted somewhere, only two school for the interview so far(Temple and here, waiting for Bradeton, Wegman).

Just wondering from all the members here who got accepted how was the on-site interview and what time should reach there by? I forgot to ask that as my class was starting in 5 minutes at the time of the call...

Also do you guys think I have a chance:

BS in Biology, Biochemistry
GPA: 3.483
Pharmcas GPA: 3.383 due to I took Orgo I and II over again during the summer.
PCAT: 53 :(.... Yeah I know its bad. I had a Physical Chem Exam on Monday. X_X...
Pharmacy Tech: Since January 2007.

Here's thread with a lot more information about other activities and rest of the other things I've done: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=470849

Thanks guys.

PS: Both Temple and Lake Erie are my top choices to go to school for. Does LECOM teach anything about research in the pharmaceutical industry?

What time should I actually reach there. Its a 6 and half hour drive from where I live. X_X
Uhmm.. I don't live up there.. It snowed really bad when I went there in Feb, which made me drive much slower.. I guess it may take longer depending on the weather condition.. Try to plan for 1-2 hr earlier.

Also do you guys think I have a chance:
PCAT: 53 :(....
I think my PCAT was ~50 when they accepted me... so I am sure this school strongly considers something else beside academic aspects of applicant.. interview?? not sure??

For those of you who are already accepted and know you're going to Erie. I went yesterday to Erie for a visit (since my undergrad school is an hour from there). I looked at two apartment buildings while I was there. Boston Store is in downtown Erie, right next to Gannon Unniversity, and it seemed really nice and conviently located for night life in Erie. I also looked at Landmark Square Apartments and am pretty sure that's where I'm going to live. Have any of you started looking?

Hi guys, im new to sdn.... I found out Ill also be going to LECOM erie for the fall 2008 in early April, and I too havent really been looking too much at housing. I want a roommate next yr also. I am really serious about my work but also like to go out sometimes on the weekends, I am pretty neat and clean too--but not ocd about it--lol. So if anyone is looking for a roommate, let me know--message me on this sdn thing--preferably if you could let me know where youll be living or looking at so I can get an idea. :) Thanks, and btw--congrats on the acceptances! ;)

Hey guys has anyone heard from LECOM Erie if they started awarding fnancial aid? The only package I have recieved was medical form and room mate form. Good luck for all the waitlisted ones.

Congrats to everyone who will be coming to LECOM this fall as part of the Class of 2011! :) I am currently a student at LECOM (Class of 2009) I was just wasting some time on SDN today (we are currently on our two week break before starting our last semester of didactic work :D). I just skimmed through all of you guys' comments, but if any of you have any particular questions I would be more than happy to do my best to try to answer them! Just post on here or send me a private message. (I will check SDN as frequently as I can) I know it is really hard trying to figure things out the summer before you start here. I have already been assigned my rotations and I will be staying in Erie for my third year rotations, so I will be looking forward to hopefully meeting some or all of you in the fall!

Hi. sunnyscripts17. I have some simple questions.
Do you guys work during school at all? The letter in the admission packet states that the student should not work more than 8 hours per week.
Would the academic competition be very intense since many students work much less and concentrate solely on coursework?
Is the federal/private loan enough to live on without working for the next 3 year? The idea of studying non-stop without working (not wasting time in the summer) is very neat but I want to have enough money to live on and enjoy spending on extra stuffs. I am not married so basically self-supporting.

RNtoPharmD,

Working during school is completely individualized. Some of us work alot, some work a little, and some do not work at all. It just depends how good you are at managing your time and how fast you can learn material. We get a lot of material in a little time, so if you want to cram the material quickly or the night before you can work alot, if you want to go through the material several times and try to really retain it then you don't work as much. They recommend the eight hours because it is alot of material that is covered and you have to put a lot of time into it. I'm sure students in four year programs have more time to work, but in the three year program it is really fast paced. I am not sure I understand your comment about "academic competition". Are there gunners in our class? Of course. Are there people that want to be at the top of the class no matter what? Yes. LECOM's finanical department sets up loans and offers them for your tuition, housing, cost of living, etc. You can accept or decline up to a certian amount depending on your needs. In the past it has not been a problem, I'm not sure if it will be different this year with loans being harder to get. As far as "extra stuffs" I'm not really sure if your talking like special mascara or a new car? I'd say yes to the mascara thing not so much to the car! :laugh: Basically most of us are still poor students.

Hi to my soon to be LECOM Pharmacy classmates!

I am a former LECOM PostBac '08 student accepted into this September's incoming Pharmacy class and I am looking for a roommate to share a large 2 bedroom townhouse with located about 9 miles from school near the lake. It has a 2 car garage and full basement for storage. If you are a non-smoker, ok with pets, and would be interested in more details, send me an email at:
[email protected]

Thanks!
April

Thank you very much, sunnyscripts17, for info.
It's very hard to choose between several schools. :) Especially, I am older than most traditional students and want to make a good choice for my life for the remaining years of my life..