LECOM Elmira or SUNY Upstate Masters and Reapply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EssentialOil123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently placed on Hold for SUNY Upstate (in-state resident) and was given the opportunity to apply to rush-apply to the Global Health MPH 1 year program that starts at the end of this month. It's not a conditional acceptance into the SUNY Upstate medical school, but does anyone have any insight into the success rate of completing an MPH and acceptance at SUNY Upstate school of medicine? But then, the 2022 cycle is about to start again, and I'm not certain I can prepare everything to submit my AMCAS as early as June.

MCAT 510, GPA 3.7, ORM, but submitted applications rather late, and then there was mishap with AMCAS mixing up my LORs.

I would be happy attending LECOM Elmira since I'm a New York resident, but I am concerned about the newness of the school and draconian rules. I understand that PBL is considered slightly better, but research and resources-wise, I am hesitant. I already put down the deposit way back in December, though, so I have something to fall back on. I am not looking to go into super competitive specialities, just internal medicine.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was recently placed on Hold for SUNY Upstate (in-state resident) and was given the opportunity to apply to rush-apply to the Global Health MPH 1 year program that starts at the end of this month. It's not a conditional acceptance into the SUNY Upstate medical school, but does anyone have any insight into the success rate of completing an MPH and acceptance at SUNY Upstate school of medicine? But then, the 2022 cycle is about to start again, and I'm not certain I can prepare everything to submit my AMCAS as early as June.

MCAT 510, GPA 3.7, ORM, but submitted applications rather late, and then there was mishap with AMCAS mixing up my LORs.

I would be happy attending LECOM Elmira since I'm a New York resident, but I am concerned about the newness of the school and draconian rules. I understand that PBL is considered slightly better, but research and resources-wise, I am hesitant. I already put down the deposit way back in December, though, so I have something to fall back on. I am not looking to go into super competitive specialities, just internal medicine.
Thank you.
The single worst mistake an applicant can make is to turn down an acceptance.

Two years of pre-clinicals will pass quickly

Reactions: 1 user