LECOM Class of 2022 accepted from high school; some advice for our family?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmasaurusRex17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, so I'm a clinical pharmacist resident atm, but my little brother who is now turning 20 was accepted straight from high school when he was 17 into LECOM's 7-year accelerated program (3 year at another school and then 4 at LECOM direct pathway). He will be completing his requirements at another school this year, and directly moving into the program without having to take MCATs (although he's doing it anyway) because he is still highest honors. Do you guys have any advice on what to study or prepare for when he first gets into his MS1 year? Also, is there anything that we should expect as a family to prepare him for?

I also have the acceptance letter and the signature, if anyone doesn't believe this haha.

Thanks a bunch! I know it's really competitive and unusual for this to happen, hence why I ask.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing he can do to be ready for first year other than do as well as possible in undergrad, which it sounds like he's doing, and be prepared for a lot of studying and a roller coaster ride.

And if he's lived at home this whole time, to prepare for the possibility of moving for third and fourth year because there's absolutely no guarantee he'll get the Allegheny site (if he's going to LECOM Seton Hill) or one of the hospitals in Erie (although the chances of being able to stay in Erie if one wanted to are much higher).

Nothing he can do to be ready for first year other than do as well as possible in undergrad, which it sounds like he's doing, and be prepared for a lot of studying and a roller coaster ride.

And if he's lived at home this whole time, to prepare for the possibility of moving for third and fourth year because there's absolutely no guarantee he'll get the Allegheny site (if he's going to LECOM Seton Hill) or one of the hospitals in Erie (although the chances of being able to stay in Erie if one wanted to are much higher).

Thanks so much :). He will be on the Erie campus.