2018 LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy - Distance Education C\O 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

africanpharmd14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, as you may all know by now, LECOM is offering a distance education pathway for the PharmD which is based out of Florida. They have 24 slots open, and I sent the admissions counselor and email a few days ago asking if the positions have been filled. I received a reply this morning saying that interviews have not yet started, so I'm sending in an application.

Has anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, as you may all know by now, LECOM is offering a distance education pathway for the PharmD which is based out of Florida. They have 24 slots open, and I sent the admissions counselor and email a few days ago asking if the positions have been filled. I received a reply this morning saying that interviews have not yet started, so I'm sending in an application.

Has anyone else?
I am applying to the distance pathway. I submitted my supplemental on March 1.

Doing everything I can to get my application in by tonight... how do you guys' stats look, if you don't mind?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im like you PreAA; Im about to send in my application tonight...by the way; my stats arnt too good. :(:(:(:(

Good luck! About to send off mine in a few minutes....

Which schools did u apply to in total?

So far just the LECOMs b/c I haven't taken the PCAT, so this is kind of a last-minute decision for me. I was planning on applying during the next cycle until I learned about LECOM's policy that you don't need to take the PCAT to apply if you already have a bachelor's degree. How about you?

So far just the LECOMs b/c I haven't taken the PCAT, so this is kind of a last-minute decision for me. I was planning on applying during the next cycle until I learned about LECOM's policy that you don't need to take the PCAT to apply if you already have a bachelor's degree. How about you?

Maryland, University of
Notre Dame of Maryland University School of Pharmacy
University of Maryland-Eastern Shore
Appalachian College of Pharmacy
LECOM Distance Education Pathway
Shenandoah University
Virginia Commonwealth University

I first applied to the first three at the beginning of january

Then i applied to the last four today

Maryland, University of
Notre Dame of Maryland University School of Pharmacy
University of Maryland-Eastern Shore
Appalachian College of Pharmacy
LECOM Distance Education Pathway
Shenandoah University
Virginia Commonwealth University

I first applied to the first three at the beginning of january

Then i applied to the last four today

Good luck with all of them. Do you happen to know of any schools besides LECOM that don't require the PCAT? I still have 9 minutes to apply to more, LOL

Good luck with all of them. Do you happen to know of any schools besides LECOM that don't require the PCAT? I still have 9 minutes to apply to more, LOL

I know its too late now, but the only ones i know are in california...

Yeah, unfortunately, I missed A&M's application deadline by about a month. :-/

But at least I managed to send off my application to LECOM. Of course, they still might not accept it because my GPA still hasn't been verified yet, so I'm not exactly crossing my fingers. It will probably be a while before it gets mailed off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, unfortunately, I missed A&M's application deadline by about a month. :-/

But at least I managed to send off my application to LECOM. Of course, they still might not accept it because my GPA still hasn't been verified yet, so I'm not exactly crossing my fingers. It will probably be a while before it gets mailed off.
Hey just stay hopeful. Worst case you apply this upcoming cycle early. You weren't going to apply this cycle anyway so don't sweat it! Gl!

Hey just stay hopeful. Worst case you apply this upcoming cycle early. You weren't going to apply this cycle anyway so don't sweat it! Gl!

Thanks. Does the application have to be verified by March 3rd, or just e-submitted by that date? I thought LECOM's website specified the latter, but I wasn't sure....

Thanks. Does the application have to be verified by March 3rd, or just e-submitted by that date? I thought LECOM's website specified the latter, but I wasn't sure....
e-submitted at least that's how most schools work.

FYI, unlike the supplemental for the campus pathway, there is a required essay for the distance pathway.

Last edited:
FYI, unlike the supplemental for the campus pathway, there is a required essay for the distance pathway supplemental.

Have you already received the supplemental application? Any word on when interviews are expected to be held?

Have you already received the supplemental application? Any word on when interviews are expected to be held?
Yes, I already submitted the supplemental. I haven't receive any interview invite yet.

In the Lecom portal, they're telling applicants NOT from PA or FL not to submit a supplemental until further notice. Hmm....

Hi guys,
Did anyone receive an invite to submit a supplemental application? I submitted my pharmcas feb 25.. checking my email everyday..

Submitted my supplemental on Feb 27. No word yet....

Not sure if you all are able to access the Lecom Portal. I do have access since I already applied to Lecom-Erie. There is now a note above the link for the supplemental application for the distance pathway that says "NOTICE: If you do not live in Pennsylvania or Florida, please do not apply at this time even if you received an email instructing you to. More information will be coming soon."

Well, I already submitted my supplemental before that notice appeared and I am not from one of those two states. I wonder what is going on.

Have you received any word from Creighton distance? Looks like some of us are applying to both distance programs.

Haven't heard anything from Creighton. Last communication I received was an email asking me to submit my supplemental so they could review my application (even though I'm clearly missing a pre-req and will not be able to fulfill it by the end of this semester). I checked the status of my application and they still haven't done anything with it - the missing pre-req is holding it up. I don't anticipate to hear anything back from them at this point.

I was looking for an answer as well as to when will interviews start. I interviewed at Lecom Bradenton campus pathway, it is a really nice school and I enjoyed them more than I thought I would. I am also looking forward to interviewing with Creighton on 3/25. They take a while to respond where as other schools have responded within 2 weeks

I just received notice from PharmCAS that my app will be getting sent out with their next mailing batch. But now I'm seeing the posts here about not applying unless you are an FL or PA resident? What the heck is that all about? I don't live in either of those states. Did I just waste $150 by applying?

I was looking for an answer as well as to when will interviews start. I interviewed at Lecom Bradenton campus pathway, it is a really nice school and I enjoyed them more than I thought I would. I am also looking forward to interviewing with Creighton on 3/25. They take a while to respond where as other schools have responded within 2 weeks
How long did it take Creighton to respond to you after you have submitted everything? Good luck on your upcoming interview, btw.

I just received notice from PharmCAS that my app will be getting sent out with their next mailing batch. But now I'm seeing the posts here about not applying unless you are an FL or PA resident? What the heck is that all about? I don't live in either of those states. Did I just waste $150 by applying?
I emailed them a few days ago asking for clarification with this situation, and they have not responded.

["tnt2001isnt, post: 15003283, member: 489226"]How long did it take Creighton to respond to you after you have submitted everything? Good luck on your upcoming interview, btw.[/quote]
I completed everything 12/12 received an interview invite 2/8. Thanks

Well, I guess there's not much hope for those of us who applied to Creighton Distance right before or on the day of the deadline. And it appears there's not much hope of those of us who wants to apply to Lecom-B distance if we're not from PA or FL. It is getting pretty late in the application cycle for Lecom-B Distance to still be working out the "kinks" of admissions to the program.

Well, I guess there's not much hope for those of us who applied to Creighton Distance right before or on the day of the deadline. And it appears there's not much hope of those of us who wants to apply to Lecom-B distance if we're not from PA or FL. It is getting pretty late in the application cycle for Lecom-B Distance to still be working out the "kinks" of admissions to the program.

I honestly feel blindsided by LECOM's recent statement that individuals not hailing from either of those two states need not apply (literally!), especially since I just spent $150 (not even taking the supplemental fee into consideration) to apply JUST to their program. I previously spoke several weeks ago with an admissions counselor who told me that distance students would simply have to attend labs/clinicals at LECOM's Bradenton campus every summer, so if that's the case, then why does an applicant's state of residence hold any significance?

I am hoping that they will work out whatever logistic problems that have encountered in starting this program to give applicants like you, who had already spent money applying to their program when it was opened to everybody, a fair chance at being considered for admissions.

Don't give up hope for Creighton. If you go on there website you can see the dates that they interview. As for Lecom it is a brand new program for them and they will be trying to work the kinks out for some time.

Update: Apparently, LECOM-B needs state authorizations to accept distance students from other states. Applicants not from PA or FL are put on hold while state authorizations are pending. Are there any applicants on here from PA or FL?

Okay, so my PharmCAS page was updated earlier today to state that my application had been mailed-off to LECOM, but I haven't received the link to complete the supplemental application yet. Is it usually sent automatically as soon as the application is released? Or could they be holding my application and not sending the link to the supplemental since I'm not a PA/FL resident?

They'll probably be waiting until they get authorization from your state. I didn't get an e-mail to submit my supplemental. I just happen to logon the Lecom Portal and saw a link to submit it, so I went ahead and did it anyway. My application is theoretically complete, but it is on hold for now. You wouldn't want to spend another $50 for the supplemental until Lecom gets authorization.

They'll probably be waiting until they get authorization from your state. I didn't get an e-mail to submit my supplemental. I just happen to logon the Lecom Portal and saw a link to submit it, so I went ahead and did it anyway. My application is theoretically complete, but it is on hold for now. You wouldn't want to spend another $50 for the supplemental until Lecom gets authorization.

When your PharmCAS application was mailed off to LECOM, did you get any sort of email from LECOM letting you know that your application was received, processed, etc.? On PharmCAS, it says that my application has been mailed to them, but I didn't receive any sort of email notification from LECOM stating that my application had been received... ?

When your PharmCAS application was mailed off to LECOM, did you get any sort of email from LECOM letting you know that your application was received, processed, etc.? On PharmCAS, it says that my application has been mailed to them, but I didn't receive any sort of email notification from LECOM stating that my application had been received... ?
I actually did not receive any e-mail from Lecom-B after I submitted my PharmCAS.

I actually did not receive any e-mail from Lecom-B after I submitted my PharmCAS.

How were you able to log on to the LECOM port without a username or password? LOL

That's because I had already applied to Lecom-Erie and they shared the same portal. :)

uote="tnt2001isnt, post: 15007819, member: 489226"]Update: Apparently, LECOM-B needs state authorizations to accept distance students from other states. Applicants not from PA or FL are put on hold while state authorizations are pending. Are there any applicants on here from PA or FL?[/quote]
Im from Florida. That is correct other states are moving slower so that's why it's only to Pa and Fla residents

uote="tnt2001isnt, post: 15007819, member: 489226"]Update: Apparently, LECOM-B needs state authorizations to accept distance students from other states. Applicants not from PA or FL are put on hold while state authorizations are pending. Are there any applicants on here from PA or FL?
Im from Florida. That is correct other states are moving slower so that's why it's only to Pa and Fla residents[/quote]

Has LECOM said whether or not they think they'll be able to open up any spots to applicants from other states in time for the current application cycle? Or have they pretty much decided to just keep it open to PA and FL residents?

Im from Florida. That is correct other states are moving slower so that's why it's only to Pa and Fla residents

Has LECOM said whether or not they think they'll be able to open up any spots to applicants from other states in time for the current application cycle? Or have they pretty much decided to just keep it open to PA and FL residents?[/quote]

I do not know. I was informed from the school they will be sending out interviews soon, to date no interviews have been sent out.

Well, I received an email from LECOM-B today with my username/password and instructions on accessing the portal to complete the supplemental app., so maybe they're starting to get authorization from states outside of PA/FL?

Woops, nevermind... now I see the yellow highlighted part about not applying if you aren't a FL/PA resident.

Woops, nevermind... now I see the yellow highlighted part about not applying if you aren't a FL/PA resident.
You can submit your supplemental now. :) It appears that Lecom-B has received the necessary state authorizations for the distance pathway.

You can submit your supplemental now. :) It appears that Lecom-B has received the necessary state authorizations for the distance pathway.

Yeah I saw that! Sounds like good news to me. Has anyone heard anything about when interviews will begin?