LECOM-Bradenton C/O 2016: Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does O'douls count??

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for posting:) at least we know we still have a chance, I just wish we knew how many were on the list and where we are all at:confused: but oh well good luck to everyone:thumbup:

I am like you, I asked many questions when I called last just trying to find out any information. I asked if she could tell us what our position is and she said no. Then she said they do not rank the entire alternate list. When I told my friends and family about this they thought it was good news for us because they said if we were getting the 10% emails then it seemed like we were in the ranked candidates. Although the email said it was sent to all alternate candidates some people said they didn't get it? Is this still correct? I also wonder when we should give up hope...maybe late July?:confused::confused:

I am like you, I asked many questions when I called last just trying to find out any information. I asked if she could tell us what our position is and she said no. Then she said they do not rank the entire alternate list. When I told my friends and family about this they thought it was good news for us because they said if we were getting the 10% emails then it seemed like we were in the ranked candidates. Although the email said it was sent to all alternate candidates some people said they didn't get it? Is this still correct? I also wonder when we should give up hope...maybe late July?:confused::confused:

I haven't received any emails, so I think if you received it then it is a good sign, I just hope we all get in soon I think towards the beginning of August give up hope, but hey what do I know lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I called Lauren this morning and asked her how the list was doing and she said "moving slowly since there are no available seats at this time" :(

No nothing different. I haven't called this week but I have thought about it. If it's full and everyone that is going has committed then why doesn't she tell us that? Unless there are people that will still drop out?

No nothing different. I haven't called this week but I have thought about it. If it's full and everyone that is going has committed then why doesn't she tell us that? Unless there are people that will still drop out?

People can still drop out up until the first day of class. So even if the class is full now, you never know...

Im sure theres still a chance someone could still drop their spot, hopefully it just makes me so nervous! And now its going so slow...

There will be multiple drops guaranteed...

... But those spots r going to go to ppl who are already in the top 10%...

Has anyone else on here gotten that email stating they are in the top 10%... Im starting to wonder how many are actually in the top 10%

Has anyone else on here gotten that email stating they are in the top 10%... Im starting to wonder how many are actually in the top 10%

Yes I agree. The same wonderment here. Or do you even receive an email or do they just call you. I am curious too because we were told in my interview that if you were placed on the alternate list and then got selected that it would be an immediate deposit within 72 hours. If this is the case then we should be receiving some type of answer fast whether good or bad. Because the deposits would definitely secure the spots.

Yes I agree. The same wonderment here. Or do you even receive an email or do they just call you. I am curious too because we were told in my interview that if you were placed on the alternate list and then got selected that it would be an immediate deposit within 72 hours. If this is the case then we should be receiving some type of answer fast whether good or bad. Because the deposits would definitely secure the spots.

I'm sure there is still the possibility that people put deposits down but withdraw there acceptance later, I just hope we all hear something soon cause this wait is killing me:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes the wait is killing me too. I was thinking about calling today. But I'm not sure what questions to ask that I haven't already.

For those of you who are still on the waitlist--Would you mind sharing your stats?

Yes the wait is killing me too. I was thinking about calling today. But I'm not sure what questions to ask that I haven't already.

Let me know how it goes so maybe my mind can rest a little lol

For those of you on the waitlist have you guys been accepted or waitlisted anywhere else?

For those of you on the waitlist have you guys been accepted or waitlisted anywhere else?

I feel like its just us two on the waitlist on this site. I don't see many others responding. But this is my last chance to get in somewhere this year and I didn't call yesterday so I probably will on Monday

I feel like its just us two on the waitlist on this site. I don't see many others responding. But this is my last chance to get in somewhere this year and I didn't call yesterday so I probably will on Monday

Well I hope we both make it in :D lets just stay positive and hopefully we will be seeing each other this Fall.

I'm on the waitlist as well and i just emailed her to find out whats going on with us alternates...that really sucks if the seats are all full i'm extremely sad now =0( i'm waitlisted up in sacramento, CA too but haven't heard anything yet either...i'm running out of patience

I just emailed her asking a few questions, but I'm not sure how quick she replies to emails. This long period of no updates is really depressing.

I'm on the waitlist as well and i just emailed her to find out whats going on with us alternates...that really sucks if the seats are all full i'm extremely sad now =0( i'm waitlisted up in sacramento, CA too but haven't heard anything yet either...i'm running out of patience

I just emailed her asking a few questions, but I'm not sure how quick she replies to emails. This long period of no updates is really depressing.

Any response yet guys? I really hope we hear something this week!:xf:

I called Lauren this morning and asked her how the list was doing and she said "moving slowly since there are no available seats at this time" :(
That's too bad..... Hopefully things get better dear...

Some people like to torture potential students.... Others just like to watch the world burn....

I emailed her because when I call I feel like I'm rushed in asking what I would like to. I just asked her if there were anymore updates for the alt list people and how the list was moving. She said any current updats are placed in our file and reviewed by the committee wgen they meet. She said the alt list is moving slowly but some of that is due to the committee reviewing and re-reviewing files when they meet. She also said that there is still no exact ranking of the list.

It just seems to me that the committee would have the next candidates already picked out when they met.

ya i emailed her sunday night and she answered me right away monday morning...she said that any updates we send are put in our files and the admin committee reviews our files again. she said the spots are pretty much full thats why we are moving very slowly but she still said there could be a chance. I personally am losing hope especially for those of us not in the top 10%. i'm getting kind of depressed =0(

ya i emailed her sunday night and she answered me right away monday morning...she said that any updates we send are put in our files and the admin committee reviews our files again. she said the spots are pretty much full thats why we are moving very slowly but she still said there could be a chance. I personally am losing hope especially for those of us not in the top 10%. i'm getting kind of depressed =0(

Me too I know the feeling =( I want to know are people actually receiving emails when they are in the top 10 percent cause I haven't heard on here at least of anyone receiving that email then getting accepted

Hey I wasnt sure did you ever get accepted? or that top 10% email? just wondering if any of us made it in yet :xf:

Nope, I'm starting to think the top 10% email doesn't exist... Way too many people got accepted from the Alt list without every getting a top 10% notification...

I'm just not sure anymore. I was not sure of my ranking and had just thought I was not ranked well but none of you guys have heard anything else either. I think they are taking the list one by one at this point. Its so frustrating not knowing what to do and I just took a new job trying to continue as normal as possible.

I emailed Lauren the other day just asking if there was any movement with the list and if there was any way of knowing how far out I am from the top 10% and she just said there is no ranking of the list since it is always under review. I just don't see how that is, if people get into the top 10% it has to be ranked somehow and there should be some idea of where everyone else stands. I am usually a pretty patient person but I'm starting to get irritated with the little bit of information we are getting. I'm a planner and I can't plan anything if I don't know what's going on. I'll keep positive thoughts out there for all of us!! :luck:

I emailed Lauren the other day just asking if there was any movement with the list and if there was any way of knowing how far out I am from the top 10% and she just said there is no ranking of the list since it is always under review. I just don't see how that is, if people get into the top 10% it has to be ranked somehow and there should be some idea of where everyone else stands. I am usually a pretty patient person but I'm starting to get irritated with the little bit of information we are getting. I'm a planner and I can't plan anything if I don't know what's going on. I'll keep positive thoughts out there for all of us!! :luck:

I'm in total agreement with you. That's what I meant in my last post. I'm patient but I feel like that we should be receiving better information. Especially when she told me they rank the list but not the entire list. In the 10% email it said it was sent to all alternate candidates but people said they didn't get it. That's why I'm just confused.

so I found out recently that the other school i was waitlisted in failed to meet ACPE requirements for this year and hasn't been accredited yet...Lecom was my first choice and now its my only choice and I haven't received a phone call yet =0(

I'm just not sure about this waitlist. Because if we are on it then you know that there are many more out there in our position as well. I'm willing to bet that majority of the candidates are not on this site. If they have taken some off the list already then how long can the list be? The next person who talks to her should ask her how many have they taken from the list so far. Because in my interview they told us that last years list had about 80 on it and they took about 45 from it. But by the time they went thru it the number wasn't a true 80 because of plans changing by the candidates.

I'm just not sure about this waitlist. Because if we are on it then you know that there are many more out there in our position as well. I'm willing to bet that majority of the candidates are not on this site. If they have taken some off the list already then how long can the list be? The next person who talks to her should ask her how many have they taken from the list so far. Because in my interview they told us that last years list had about 80 on it and they took about 45 from it. But by the time they went thru it the number wasn't a true 80 because of plans changing by the candidates.
i emailed her recently but she keeps emailing back the same things about how they keep re-reviewing the alternate list and how she understands waiting is difficult for us but they will update us if anything changes. I highly doubt they will actually give us the number of people on the waitlist but if anyone can find that out than that would be nice to know. I'm growing more impatient, I haven't even received the top 10% email so i'm guessing the admissions committee still hasn't re-reviewed anyone yet since their spots are pretty much full. It sucks not knowing what you're going to be doing in Fall I wish they would say yes or no already =/

As irritated as I am with the situation, the more I think about it, the more I feel bad for LB. She is either given info from the committee and required to lie/ not tell us what she knows or they really don't tell her what's going on and make/ expect her field questions all day from Alt list ppl who want to hear something other than we have to sit tight and wait for an unlikely call before august 21st...

As much as we all enjoy ranting on here, myself included, it serves little more than an outlet to vent n e more. We all act like we don't kno what we will b doing next year, but we r just lying to ourselves. Truth is we all kno that planning on starting LECOM in fall is naive. The chance of getting the call is slim. If the Alt list was short they would have ranked it entirely. I'm guessing there are still 80+ ppl on it. Anyways.... How many of u have renewed your PharmCas for the next cycle... Schools are already taking apps for co 2017...

As much as we all enjoy ranting on here, myself included, it serves little more than an outlet to vent n e more. We all act like we don't kno what we will b doing next year, but we r just lying to ourselves. Truth is we all kno that planning on starting LECOM in fall is naive. The chance of getting the call is slim. If the Alt list was short they would have ranked it entirely. I'm guessing there are still 80+ ppl on it. Anyways.... How many of u have renewed your PharmCas for the next cycle... Schools are already taking apps for co 2017...
i wasn't blaming LB she only knows what she's told...i'm about to renew my pharmcas because theres not much else we can do but apply again and better our application. what i meant by not knowing what we're doing was that we don't know what school we'll be at, where we're moving, when, etc. I'm trying to get a job but i can't do that until the schools answer me.

Oh, I didn't know PharmCas was back in action. Thanks for letting us know, I'm going to start applying and get my plan B in motion. :)

Hello, does anyone still need a roommate, male from Georgia? Send me a PM.

Where is everyone staying? Anyone find any good deals for apartments? Would you mind sharing?

Thanks

I havnt heard nething... This Wednesday marks 6 wks since the email saying the top 10% was ranked...and this Monday marks 4 weeks until class starts... Anyways... I gotta question... After you submit ur PharmCas app, can you add more schools to your designation list later on???

.... Or do u just have to pay PharmCas and send them all at once, then not submit the supplemental apps until you actually want to interview...?

.... Or do u just have to pay PharmCas and send them all at once, then not submit the supplemental apps until you actually want to interview...?
I believe you can add more schools but you can't get a refund for any schools you already paid for.

I looked at pharmcas the other day and not all the schools are on the list yet. So personally I'm waiting about another month before submitting mine. Also I have not heard anything from Lauren either. I'm just depressed because I feel like we deserve an email or something and there must have been a lot on the alt list. Also does anyone know if our chances will be better next year if we apply back to Lecom? I mean since we were wait listed this year.

Last edited:
I looked at pharmcas the other day and not all the schools are on the list yet. So personally I'm waiting about another month before submitting mine. Also I have not heard anything from Lauren either. I'm just depressed because I feel like we deserve an email or something and there must have been a lot on the alt list. Also does anyone know if our chances will be better next year if we apply back to Lecom? I mean since we were wait listed this year.
They might look at the fact that we applied and got waitlisted and we are trying again and didn't quit...however, there will be a bunch of more students that are graduating next year trying to apply too so it's still tough =0(

Hey everyone, I just got the call today that I was ACCEPTED!! I never got an e-mail saying I was in the top 10% or anything, just a call out of the blue! I was pretty much set that I didn't get in this year and was already renewing my pharmcas app for reapplying. So to all of you still waiting, keep those positive thoughts! I hope to see y'all in August!! :D :luck:

That's so awesome! Thanks for posting on here and letting us know because it really helps!