LECOM Bradenton Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow..you are soo lucky...waiting for the interview invitation IS nerve wrecking..LOL I have a question: Do you have to complete ur ALL pre-requirement classes before they send you an invitation for an interview?/? I am very nerves I still have to complete my Orgo IIclass, Physics(3cr) and Calc(3cr) classes. I have excellent recommendations, work exps and essay so on. My PCAT sucked and my GPA is 3.2...Whats your guess?/?/??/?? hope you did well on your exams!!!:)

I got to finish my bio II lab after the interview, so you don't have to have them all done before. Just have them all done before the summer usually.

My GPA was alot lower than yours. Focus their attention on your drive to be a pharmacist. They want to know you're up for the challenge of pharmacy school and that you can make it through 4 years.

Members don't see this ad.

wow..you are soo lucky...waiting for the interview invitation IS nerve wrecking..LOL I have a question: Do you have to complete ur ALL pre-requirement classes before they send you an invitation for an interview?/? I am very nerves I still have to complete my Orgo IIclass, Physics(3cr) and Calc(3cr) classes. I have excellent recommendations, work exps and essay so on. My PCAT sucked and my GPA is 3.2...Whats your guess?/?/??/?? hope you did well on your exams!!!:)

All your pre-reqs doesn't have to be completed before the interview but they must be by end of spring semester before you matriculate. i did fabulous.......A's so far....it feels great to do well especially with the workload an having an exam every week......

you seem to have other elements of ur app that could supplement your PCAT scores....GOOD LUCK with the process!!:D

Hey I am applying to LECOM Bradenton with a corework GPA of 3.3 which was completed at the University of Georgia. My PCATs are an 80 and an 83 composite. I was curious as to my chances of getting an interview/accepted. Can anyone who got an interview post their stats so that I can get a good idea of what to expect?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im P1 student and My GPA was 3.46. PCAT Composite score 88%. Board certified Pharmacy Technician for 2 years. LORs from molecular cancer biology professor, Pharmacy manager, and Anatomy professor. I have volunteer experiences but not that much. Did not do research during undergrad :)().

Good luck to everyone :D

Is anybody considering Nova too? If so, what are the pluses and minuses in comparison to LECOM-B? I have read other posts but just wanted some additional feedback.

Thanks

How long does it take for LECOM-B to make a decision on your application after you have turned in the supplemental? I turned in the supplemental 2 weeks ago and my status still states that my application is under review...

How long does it take for LECOM-B to make a decision on your application after you have turned in the supplemental? I turned in the supplemental 2 weeks ago and my status still states that my application is under review...

Don't be suprised if it takes them about a month or so. If you are curious about when the next interview will be, you can always e-mail one of the admissions counselors. They are very helpful about answering pretty much any questions you may have!

On the day of the interview, should we bring anything with us like a notebook and something to write with?

I know there was an interview session 11/5. How did it go? Did you enjoy the school? What was the layout of the afternoon?

I have my interview next week, but I'm nervous. Did they tell you when you should hear back?

I hope it well for you all! :)

I know there was an interview session 11/5. How did it go? Did you enjoy the school? What was the layout of the afternoon?

I have my interview next week, but I'm nervous. Did they tell you when you should hear back?

I hope it well for you all! :)

I interviewed on 11/5. I think that the interview was a well planned out day. Introduction, followed by a one-on-one interview, quick essay, short video clip of the area, tour of the school, and then a farewell from the dean. I really enjoyed the school even though it is a smaller one. This was my 4th interview and it was the best mapped out, by far.

They informed us that we should hear back by the end of the month.

Good luck on the interview :xf:

Anyone hear anything from the November 5th interview? or any changes on admissions status on the portal website?

Last year, it looks like people were notified around a week after the interview.

I was just wondering...

Good luck everyone :xf::)

Anyone hear anything from the November 5th interview? or any changes on admissions status on the portal website?

Last year, it looks like people were notified around a week after the interview.

I was just wondering...

Good luck everyone :xf::)

No change in my admissions status. Hopefully they will let us know soon.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
On threads from students that are P1's right now, some were saying that they heard as early as 8 days after their interview....so hopefully we will hear some good news by next week:luck:

Anyone going to the open house tomorrow?

Hey can somebody who already had an interview please login and check your status . Mine went from your application is being processed and .... in thirty days to :

Admissions Status

Admissions Status information is not available.

:scared:

guys who are interviewing on nov 19th ( including me ) ..how are you preparing ? how are you preparing for the essay portion ?

thursday nov 19th at 12:45

can't wait! see you there :)
Hi, another November 19 12:45 interviewee here hoping his second pharmacy school interview goes better than his first. I wonder how many of us there are. At the Nova interview, there were just 3 of us that day.

I'm interviewing the same day, but unfortunately my interview time is at 7:45 am. I think there will be about 15-20 people in each session so approximately 40 interviewees the entire day.

I heard that there were a lot acceptances from the first interview, so I'm staying optimistic. Congrats on those that were accepted from the first interview!

Good luck to everyone that will be there this Thursday! Hopefully see some of you there!:xf:

I just spoke with the admissions department and they will be mailing letters out on Thursday notifying everyone who interviewed on 11/5 of their status. Good luck!

I had an interview at lecom-b nov 5 and have not heard anything back yet... i know only a week and a half but wow it has been the longest week of my life!!! has anyone heard anything on acceptances yet?:cool:

I just spoke with the admissions department and they will be mailing letters out on Thursday notifying everyone who interviewed on 11/5 of their status. Good luck!

I just called admissions and I have been accepted as well. Congrats Jittysgirl.

well.... i made the alternate list... i guess thats alright

well.... i made the alternate list... i guess thats alright

From what I have read on here, a lot of people were pulled from the alternate list towards the end. Don't lose hope. You still have a good chance.

From what I have read on here, a lot of people were pulled from the alternate list towards the end. Don't lose hope. You still have a good chance.

you have been accepted to multiple schools have you decided which one you are going to take?!?!?

LOL! You want my spot, don't you :p
I have not decided yet, I actually would appreciate any advice out there, too.

I am debating between Midwestern (out-of-state, 3 year school) vs. LECOM (in-state, 4 year shool). Thoughts?

you have been accepted to multiple schools have you decided which one you are going to take?!?!?

LOL! You want my spot, don't you :p
I have not decided yet, I actually would appreciate any advice out there, too.

I am debating between Midwestern (out-of-state, 3 year school) vs. LECOM (in-state, 4 year shool). Thoughts?

well consider whether or not you would want to do such a rigorous program or not. 3 years may seem awesome, but maybe you won't feel that way in the middle of it. just a thought.
and tuition must be higher at the out-of-state school, no? that's something to consider as well.

oh .. mine is the same time.. are you driving from the area? I am driving from Orlando.. u?

guys who are interviewing on nov 19th ( including me ) ..how are you preparing ? how are you preparing for the essay portion ?

i have the same question.. is it essay? or just discussion about a random topic.. where r the P1 students.. they might be able to help us..
Mine is at 12:45 as well .. nov. 19.. so nervous..

i have the same question.. is it essay? or just discussion about a random topic.. where r the P1 students.. they might be able to help us..
Mine is at 12:45 as well .. nov. 19.. so nervous..

I interviewed on 11/5. It was a low stress interview. We summarized an article. The interviewers are trying to get to know you as a person.

what kinda questions were u asked.. oh 4got 2 congratulate u.. hope 2 join u..:) did u finish all ur pre-reqs

what kinda questions were u asked.. oh 4got 2 congratulate u.. hope 2 join u..:) did u finish all ur pre-reqs

Thanks. I was asked about my education, why LECOM, and my experiences in the pharmacy. I am finished with all my pre reqs.

Chinese Bandit,
how many questions were asked, about how long was the interview? I will be interviewing this Thursday in the morning, so nervous as this will be my first interview.

p.s.: Congrats to those that got in.

Chinese Bandit,
how many questions were asked, about how long was the interview? I will be interviewing this Thursday in the morning, so nervous as this will be my first interview.

p.s.: Congrats to those that got in.

I would recommend going over these feedback threads. They were VERY helpful for me.
http://more.studentdoctor.net/interviewlist.php?school=266
http://more.studentdoctor.net/interviewlist.php?school=509

Don't be nervous though. They are extremely nice and welcoming! :)

Oh and I wanted to announce that I was accepted as well! :love: (YAY!)

How many people plan to go there next year?

Wow.. congrats.. I was there for the open house .. planning for next year as well.. interview on Thursday.. oh man.. This will be my first interview as well so so oooooo nervous..
What was the topic or article about.. r they gonna ask about the health care bill that Obama is trying to pass????? or just general topic?
Do you know how many was accepted for this up coming year so far?

I would recommend going over these feedback threads. They were VERY helpful for me.
http://more.studentdoctor.net/interviewlist.php?school=266
http://more.studentdoctor.net/interviewlist.php?school=509

Don't be nervous though. They are extremely nice and welcoming! :)

Oh and I wanted to announce that I was accepted as well! :love: (YAY!)

How many people plan to go there next year?

I am so worried about the topic.. If it's one-on one interview.. where does the group come from for the group discussion.. Do they let some ppl in or it's only me and the interviewer discussion kinda thing?

I am so worried about the topic.. If it's one-on one interview.. where does the group come from for the group discussion.. Do they let some ppl in or it's only me and the interviewer discussion kinda thing?

There was no group discussion.
That is the only change.

Instead of the group discussion, there was a VERY SIMPLE article that you had to read and write about.

Seriously, don't sweat it. It's very simple.
Find confidence in yourself and you will be fine! :)

Good Luck!!:)

Thanks a lot and congrats on your acceptance..
Do you mind sharing your stats....

There was no group discussion.
That is the only change.

Instead of the group discussion, there was a VERY SIMPLE article that you had to read and write about.

Seriously, don't sweat it. It's very simple.
Find confidence in yourself and you will be fine! :)

Good Luck!!:)

I agree, just be yourself and be honest. Its not as bad as you think. Its was an enjoyable interview.

Chinese Bandit.. What were your stats.. Was it one of the profs that held your interview or the dean?
Was it one on one? I will be ok with one on one but i will feel nervous by having more than one around ...
What else can you guys share with me for the interview day..
R u out of town.. Did you start looking into housing?