Leadership/Volunteer Opportunity for San Diego Premeds!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JackyLin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any San Diego premed interested in getting some leadership experience? Or just the excitement of helping the start of something good?

I am a current graduate student at UCSD. Having done my share of clinical work, I realized that there are aspects of the conventional hospital volunteer programs that could be better, and this have motivated me to start on an idea to provide different types of opportunity for students to experience the health field.

The main idea/mission statement of the organization is this, "Existing volunteer programs at local hospitals often involve internal competitions among volunteers for their departments of desire, leaving many individuals unsatisfied with their volunteer experience. This organization aims to help students interested in healthcare careers by making first-hand clinical experience in desired specialties accessible, while contributing to a better healthcare environment in the medically underserved areas of the community."

We are looking for esteemed individuals to help this project have a larger presence in San Diego. You do not have to be a UCSD student to become involved, as many other colleges/universities in the San Diego area may be at a geographical advantage by being closer to these medically underserved areas.

If you are interested, please comment below with your email or contact me at [email protected].

Any inputs regarding this is also appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.