Leadership experience? Teaching English abroad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CBN713

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m a sophomore looking for leadership experience. The organizations I belong in are very large and leadership positions are very competitive. I was wondering if there are any type of volunteer I could do during the summer anyone could suggests that would fit leadership experience? I’m currently interested in teaching English in a Southeastern Asian country. I was wondering if this would be considered leadership experience by medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m a sophomore looking for leadership experience. The organizations I belong in are very large and leadership positions are very competitive. I was wondering if there are any type of volunteer I could do during the summer anyone could suggests that would fit leadership experience? I’m currently interested in teaching English in a Southeastern Asian country. I was wondering if this would be considered leadership experience by medical school?
You are not leading peers, so no. It would be classified as teaching. If you developed into a role where you managed other volunteers as a coordinator then it would be leadership.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m a sophomore looking for leadership experience. The organizations I belong in are very large and leadership positions are very competitive. I was wondering if there are any type of volunteer I could do during the summer anyone could suggests that would fit leadership experience?
You might consider joining a Habitat for Humanity chapter and volunteering for a Chair position (Finance, Volunteer Coordination, Food, etc). They tend to do much of their work in the summer, . . . . well, depending on where you live.

Reactions: 1 user