lattice degeneration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with lattice degeneration a couple of years ago. Six years ago I had lasik due to myopia. Since then, I have started using restasis for my dry eyes, have floaters and occasional white "stars". The symptoms I just mentioned can be normal. I have seen an opthalmologist although one will say I have to be cautious about rubbing my eyes...while the other feels that since 10% of the general population have this condition, I shouldn't worry too much about retinal detachment. I just found out recently that because I forgot to renew my medical insurance payment...I am without health ins. until july/2009. Maybe I am just paranoid, but having insurance makes me feel a little more secure especially since I read an article yesterday that suggest that those with severe myopia and under 40 are at greater risk of ret. det. Anyone who is familiar with this, can you shed some light into what I can do...to prevent this? I know that treatment for glaucoma can cause ret. det. can using restasis do this? And one more thing, a few days ago, I saw some flashes of light in the periphery of my eyes...but is has lessen now...should I be concern? Sorry for the lengthy message, I am worried and can't afford to see a doctor right now. Thanks for any response.

Members don't see this ad.

Although many on this forum empathize with your situtaion, we are unfortunately prevented from giving medical advice.

I was diagnosed with lattice degeneration a couple of years ago. Six years ago I had lasik due to myopia. Since then, I have started using restasis for my dry eyes, have floaters and occasional white "stars". The symptoms I just mentioned can be normal. I have seen an opthalmologist although one will say I have to be cautious about rubbing my eyes...while the other feels that since 10% of the general population have this condition, I shouldn't worry too much about retinal detachment. I just found out recently that because I forgot to renew my medical insurance payment...I am without health ins. until july/2009. Maybe I am just paranoid, but having insurance makes me feel a little more secure especially since I read an article yesterday that suggest that those with severe myopia and under 40 are at greater risk of ret. det. Anyone who is familiar with this, can you shed some light into what I can do...to prevent this? I know that treatment for glaucoma can cause ret. det. can using restasis do this? And one more thing, a few days ago, I saw some flashes of light in the periphery of my eyes...but is has lessen now...should I be concern? Sorry for the lengthy message, I am worried and can't afford to see a doctor right now. Thanks for any response.