This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gopoopants

Reaction score
I thought I would share my experience since lurking on these posts have helped immensely. So, I took the exam on 7/24/18 and found out I passed 7/27/18. I am in a state that does not do online scores through NABP, but the early indicator is true. The early indicator is if you put yourself as pharmacy intern in your profile the go to CPE monitoring, it will tell you if passed. Also, my exam status was closed and had Purchase Score Review and Purchase Score Transfer.

Studying:
I used RX Prep book and bought the RX Prep questions. RX prep is good although a little too detailed. I recommend buying RX Prep questions because I found it very helpful in applying your knowledge from chapters you read. Before the questions I was not retaining the information as well I would have liked, but the RX Prep questions changed that.
I started very passively studying the book during the P4 break before my clinical medicine rotation as I got clobbered during my clinical ambulatory rotation. I continued passively until graduation where I took a few weeks off for vacation. Once back, I would say I studied about 5 hours a day on average (2 hours on a bad day, 8 hours on a good day). I made note cards that summarized key points and did RX prep questions. The week before exam I redid all RX Prep questions and just reviewed my flash cards.

The Exam :
I personally got done 1.5 hours early which freaked me out. The exam itself, know calculations and biostats. My exam was heavy on ID, HIV/opportunistic infections, oncology (mainly calculating doses, side effects, and vomiting regimen), psych, a diabetes case (know your diabetes math), and compounding questions. Then a random assortment from asthma, to cystic fibrosis to I kid you not lice and more.

I highly recommend you a have a baseline knowledge of smaller disease states and know major disease states well namely ID and cardiovascular diseases. Know your 1st line, 2nd line, and 3rd line treatments as well as alternatives if a patient has an allergy or is CI to preferred regimen. Know how to do math and biostats math as well as interpret biostat cases. For brand and generic top 200 is fine.

RX Prep Question Bank is definitely harder than the actual Naplex but calculations is very similar. Also, there will by questions that 100% you will not know; there may be even a calculation or two you may not know which happened to me, that is okay you have 250 questions to work with where 50 of them do not count. Trust the process, put in the work, and you will pass.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought I would share my experience since lurking on these posts have helped immensely. So, I took the exam on 7/24/18 and found out I passed 7/27/18. I am in a state that does not do online scores through NABP, but the early indicator is true. The early indicator is if you put yourself as pharmacy intern in your profile the go to CPE monitoring, it will tell you if passed. Also, my exam status was closed and had Purchase Score Review and Purchase Score Transfer.

Studying:
I used RX Prep book and bought the RX Prep questions. RX prep is good although a little too detailed. I recommend buying RX Prep questions because I found it very helpful in applying your knowledge from chapters you read. Before the questions I was not retaining the information as well I would have liked, but the RX Prep questions changed that.
I started very passively studying the book during the P4 break before my clinical medicine rotation as I got clobbered during my clinical ambulatory rotation. I continued passively until graduation where I took a few weeks off for vacation. Once back, I would say I studied about 5 hours a day on average (2 hours on a bad day, 8 hours on a good day). I made note cards that summarized key points and did RX prep questions. The week before exam I redid all RX Prep questions and just reviewed my flash cards.

The Exam :
I personally got done 1.5 hours early which freaked me out. The exam itself, know calculations and biostats. My exam was heavy on ID, HIV/opportunistic infections, oncology (mainly calculating doses, side effects, and vomiting regimen), psych, a diabetes case (know your diabetes math), and compounding questions. Then a random assortment from asthma, to cystic fibrosis to I kid you not lice and more.

I highly recommend you a have a baseline knowledge of smaller disease states and know major disease states well namely ID and cardiovascular diseases. Know your 1st line, 2nd line, and 3rd line treatments as well as alternatives if a patient has an allergy or is CI to preferred regimen. Know how to do math and biostats math as well as interpret biostat cases. For brand and generic top 200 is fine.

RX Prep Question Bank is definitely harder than the actual Naplex but calculations is very similar. Also, there will by questions that 100% you will not know; there may be even a calculation or two you may not know which happened to me, that is okay you have 250 questions to work with where 50 of them do not count. Trust the process, put in the work, and you will pass.

Thank you!