Late Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Foot_Girl

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview with TUSPM on July 6th, will that most likely be for a waitlist spot since it's so late?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview for TUSPM next week- there was no mention in the invitation that this was for a waitlist position (3 of the schools I have interviews for this week are for waitlist positions).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How do waitlist spots work? If I don’t get off the waitlist does that give me a spot for the next class or would I have to reapply?

I doubt it's for a waitlist spot. Temple often has trouble filling its last 6-10 spots.

Reactions: 1 users
I can corroborate that TUSPM probably hasn't filled their roster yet.

Is it bad that I don’t have an MCAT for my interview? I have a 3.7 cgpa and 3.6 sgpa

Not sure what Temple is doing for MCAT this cycle so I can't say. They prefer a 495+ But I think the screen is 490-492.

How is that a "good MCAT" for Temple when most schools have averages of 495 MCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Focus on preparing for that interview so that you stand out. It can help with moving up the list or being placed high on a waitlist. I was waitlisted at a few places, but I just watched lots of videos on how to prepare. This one seems to summarize a lot of the points that might help you:

Focus on preparing for that interview so that you stand out. It can help with moving up the list or being placed high on a waitlist. I was waitlisted at a few places, but I just watched lots of videos on how to prepare. This one seems to summarize a lot of the points that might help you:

Did you actually see this helping you get off waitlists, though?

Did you actually see this helping you get off waitlists, though?
Sorry, I should have clarified. I didn't do as much research for interviews before going into my first 2 interviews. However, I started watching lots of videos and reading posts on what to do after that. I then went into my 3rd interview near the end of the admission cycle (which had the highest MCAT/GPA requirement of my first 3), and was accepted instead of being put on a waitlist. The school was known for mostly going based off of MCAT, but my interviewer said the interview was really good, so I think that was the deciding factor in the end.

I saw this video seems to have most of the tips that I found elsewhere and used. So in other words, I suggest just being really prepared for the interview because that could still make a huge difference and possibly raise your rank on the waitlist at the very least. Hope that clarifies :)

Sorry, I should have clarified. I didn't do as much research for interviews before going into my first 2 interviews. However, I started watching lots of videos and reading posts on what to do after that. I then went into my 3rd interview near the end of the admission cycle (which had the highest MCAT/GPA requirement of my first 3), and was accepted instead of being put on a waitlist. The school was known for mostly going based off of MCAT, but my interviewer said the interview was really good, so I think that was the deciding factor in the end.

I saw this video seems to have most of the tips that I found elsewhere and used. So in other words, I suggest just being really prepared for the interview because that could still make a huge difference and possibly raise your rank on the waitlist at the very least. Hope that clarifies :)

Ah. Very well then. Glad to hear it worked out for you. :)

Reactions: 1 users
How is that a "good MCAT" for Temple when most schools have averages of 495 MCAT?

Good MCAT as in you are not screened out. An MCAT in the 500's at Temple will compensate for a sub 3.0 gpa.

Hi, I got my decision from temple today and remembered this post and thought best to provide info. I interviewed with them on June 12th and got accepted for a waitlist spot. They are ranking student as high alternatives and alternatives. In the email they said that within next 2 weeks leading up to orientation / first day of classes that few students drop out. They won’t consider any numerical ranking till week before orientation.

Hi, I got my decision from temple today and remembered this post and thought best to provide info. I interviewed with them on June 12th and got accepted for a waitlist spot. They are ranking student as high alternatives and alternatives. In the email they said that within next 2 weeks leading up to orientation / first day of classes that few students drop out. They won’t consider any numerical ranking till week before orientation.
Are they only interviewing for waitlist?

Are they only interviewing for waitlist?

I think so because I was told yesterday that the class is 100 percent full. I wasn’t informed before my interview that I was being considered for the wait list.