Late Comer (4th year medical student)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deadwood

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been interviewing for Radiology spots for the last few weeks and came to the realization last week that I was making a mistake and Anesthesia was the choice for me. I am confident with the choice and all my classmates and faculty seem to agree with the decision to change.

I'm competitive but worried about showing up late. I've applied to 20 programs, several on the very competitive side. How much of a problem to you think it is going to be that I applied so late? Does anyone have any recommendations? Are competitive programs going to think I'm a slacker for applying late?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been interviewing for Radiology spots for the last few weeks and came to the realization last week that I was making a mistake and Anesthesia was the choice for me. I am confident with the choice and all my classmates and faculty seem to agree with the decision to change.

I'm competitive but worried about showing up late. I've applied to 20 programs, several on the very competitive side. How much of a problem to you think it is going to be that I applied so late? Does anyone have any recommendations? Are competitive programs going to think I'm a slacker for applying late?

My best advice would be to read the official interview thread. Read and memorize all of the places I am interviewing at. If there is any overlap of places I am interviewing and places you applied then I would recommend withdrawing your application. If there are schools I am not interviewing then I would think you still are in good shape but your dates my need to be flexible. Good luck.

My sarcasm meter is off. Are you joking or telling me something?

Members don't see this ad :)
no problem, just a bit stressed with such a last minute decision. good luck.

no problem, just a bit stressed with such a last minute decision. good luck.

Incredibly stressful to switch late; I know how it feels. If it makes you feel any better I made the decision to go with Gas about 3 weeks ago and have received 12 interview invitations. I bet the same goes for you.

Good luck and don't stress too much about it. Before we know it, match day will be here!

Apply now. Do it ASAP.

I didn't apply until after Thanksgiving, but that was a few years ago. Ended up with a dozen interviews. Matched in one of top five choices.

If you do it today, I reckon you should still be okay.