MD Late Applicant... but strong application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trynabetheexception313

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I took the MCAT this past June, but I had to retake at the end of August, so my application this cycle got pushed until then. But I went from 503 in June to 514 in August.

GPA: 3.74
MCAT: 514

I spent some time on my secondaries and wrote them very carefully, but I submitted in late September/early October.... is there any hope?

Members don't see this ad.

It'll be ok, but you'll probably be competing for fewer spots if you get an interview. You'll probably get some IIs

It'll be ok, but you'll probably be competing for fewer spots if you get an interview. You'll probably get some IIs

I've received all the secondaries I've needed to receive, however I am just now "completing" the entire application, per school. As in, turning each of the II applications. But I've already been shut out or been placed on hold by a few schools already, including a pending status from Des Moines, a DO school.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I took the MCAT this past June, but I had to retake at the end of August, so my application this cycle got pushed until then. But I went from 503 in June to 514 in August.

I spent some time on my secondaries and wrote them very carefully, but I submitted in late September/early October.... is there any hope?
Not exceptionally strong. GPA is avg for MD acceptees, and MCAT slightly > avg, and you're a 2x taker with an avg of ~508.

Chances best with your state MD schools; and any DO.

I've received all the secondaries I've needed to receive, however I am just now "completing" the entire application, per school. As in, turning each of the II applications. But I've already been shut out or been placed on hold by a few schools already, including a pending status from Des Moines, a DO school.

II means interview invite. I bet youll get a couple

How many secondaries did you submit?

Depends largely on where you applied. But applying that late certainly put your app at a disadvantage.