Last Minute Calls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Briggsie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It has been mentioned that programs may make "last-minute" attempts to contact applicants in the days leading up to the ROL submission deadline. Has anyone received any of these?

Members don't see this ad.

Briggsie said:
It has been mentioned that programs may make "last-minute" attempts to contact applicants in the days leading up to the ROL submission deadline. Has anyone received any of these?
i dunno. i turned my cell phone off before going out last night. it's still off.

I got a personal letter from the PD of my LAST ranked program, but absolutely zip-zero-zilch from anyone else. Definitely not any phone calls. The people who get those are god-like in my eyes.

Members don't see this ad :)
i turned my phone on again. no calls. no messages.

then within minutes my phone rang!

but it was mother of SFKG: "today is the deadline right?"

That reminded me I should probably email my ROL to my mom. But as I was about to, I realized that she would be upset I didn't rank the program near her higher. So scratch that.

stormjen said:
That reminded me I should probably email my ROL to my mom. But as I was about to, I realized that she would be upset I didn't rank the program near her higher. So scratch that.
my mom really wanted me to rank a certain program that was pretty much next door to home. i told her repeatedly a long long time ago that this program wouldn't be #1. she has since stopped bugging me about that.

Briggsie said:
So far, no calls since the weekend...and I now have my phone turned off.

cytoborg said:
So far, no calls since the weekend...and I now have my phone turned off.
damn...you could use the force when they call you.

*cytoborg waves hand*
cytoborg: "you will rank me to match"
PD: "YARTM".

AndyMilonakis said:
damn...you could use the force when they call you.

*cytoborg waves hand*
cytoborg: "you will rank me to match"
PD: "YARTM".
Damnit, forgot about that. Here I've been sending my dumb ol' oatmeal raisin cookies.

I don't think anybody would be calling anyone tonight to try to sway you on the match. I may be wrong, though, but I doubt it. Not unless you have been trying to get in touch with someone to ask them a question about the program.

Program directors probably have their phones turned off too!