last HPSP board date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iatrosB

trying not to kill anyone
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the last meeting of the board for this year is? My recruiter told me it was the end of March, but I'm not sure if he was just trying to light a fire under my but or not. Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

iatrosB said:
Does anyone know when the last meeting of the board for this year is? My recruiter told me it was the end of March, but I'm not sure if he was just trying to light a fire under my but or not. Anyone know?

Which branch?

HooahDOc said:
Which branch?

Air Force specifically, Army would be nice to know as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
iatrosB said:
Air Force specifically, Army would be nice to know as well.

The AFHPSP board for 2006 met Mar 28.
I was told results will be posted Apr 14.
good luck!

Tallychem said:
The AFHPSP board for 2006 met Mar 28.
I was told results will be posted Apr 14.
good luck!

Do you know if this is the last one? Thanks.

HooahDOc said:
The Air Force only meets once I believe. I think the Army has boards up through July, but don't quote me on it.
The Army will have at least one more board in April (that's when my packet will be reviewed). I believe the Army has a board almost every month.

The Army does have a board (at least it did in 2003, when I was selected) in early June. FWIW, my recruited told me that there are no more boards after June

The AF has already had its last '06 board, so either go for the Army or an AF 3-year. I'm not sure about the Army deadline, but I do know it takes more than a week or two if you haven't gone through MEPS or had an entrance interview with the accessions officer yet). If this is the case, then any April board dates are probably out as well unless you really bust your hump.

iatrosB said:

Navy Boards meet every Wednesday until the end of May. :thumbup:
My package was completed on a Monday afternoon, sent up to the processor, verified and submitted to Bethesda by that Wednesday. I was notified by my recruiter the following Wednesday that I was selected within a few hours of the Board meeting and reviewing that packages. I'm now waiting for the formal approval paperwork to return from the Senate pipeline. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Cheers,
Steve