Large Pedo bill for a young patient??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DcS

damn the red baron
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read another completely unrelated messageboard, and in the general forum some guy was complaining about his child care payments to his ex-wife. He said that his 3 year old child racked up a 600 dollar bill at the dentist and when he called to inquire about what work was done, they wouldn't inform him due to HIPAA (ex-wife must not have listed him on records i guess). In any case, what kind of work would a 3 year old need to be billed that much. I would have to assume several stainless steel crowns or multiple restorations (maybe ECC), but at 3 years old I would have to think there is some negligence on the mother's end.

Any thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

Comprehensive exam $85
Bite Wings * 2 $33
Pulpotomy #J $135
SSC # J $225
Nitrous $42

These are my non pedo office's prices. I didn't add it up but that's around $500 to fix one tooth with moderately deep decay.

JMHO
Rob

no2thdk999 said:
Comprehensive exam $85
Bite Wings * 2 $33
Pulpotomy #J $135
SSC # J $225
Nitrous $42

These are my non pedo office's prices. I didn't add it up but that's around $500 to fix one tooth with moderately deep decay.

JMHO
Rob

Thanks Rob

Members don't see this ad :)
no2thdk999 said:
Comprehensive exam $85
Bite Wings * 2 $33
Pulpotomy #J $135
SSC # J $225
Nitrous $42

Hot diggity! Cash cow indeed.

DcS, it's not always negligence. There are many parents who just don't know that it's bad to give your kid a bottle of juice at bedtime and other things that seem like it would be common sense to us.

Yeah griffin I inquired about his child's habit and he said he's constantly drinking juice and taking around his sippy-cup. I think there was an article recently in JADA about how sippy cups were bad for kids and to get them one w/ a spout instead to avoid constant sipping. I did my dentist duty of the day and lectured him a little bit about it ;)