Laptops for COMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toejam

Terminal Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I missed this one. Can anyone fill me in on what our responsibility is regarding the laptops??

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Toejam
I missed this one. Can anyone fill me in on what our responsibility is regarding the laptops??

Hey fellow COMP 2007!

I don't recall either in the literature COMP sent me, or during the tour, whether we are required to have a laptop.

Seems to me, however, that it would come in pretty handy, as the lecture halls have ethernet connections ...

Have to have some way of checking email during lecture. ;)

I wonder if they would entertain the possibility of hooking up a wireless access point in lecture hall ... It could be done for less than $100 ...

- Tae

Thanks, Tae

I printed out the catalog and I'm going to see if it's in there.

Hey guys,
long time no see. Unless things have changed, you still are required to have a laptop. Whether or not you have it when you get there or you get it a bit later is up to you. It's always nice to have a little time to get accustomed to it and set everything up. I think they send you minimum requirements for the specs of the laptop you should get, but they are pretty low so you'll probably want something better anyway.

A number of people complained they didn't need laptops, but I think now we've all gotten used to using them and we certainly see that a lot of clinicians that come in to lecture and give presentations all use laptops for the most part. It has been very useful in terms of looking at notes, taking notes, doing research, staying entertained and in touch with people.. and I'm sure it will be a great help once we go out on rotations and might be on the go a lot of times.