kingdom monera?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TXpredent

Always confused
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've searched around the forums and I can't tell if the 3 Kingdom system is used or the 5 Kingdom system is used on this year's DAT. The KBB still uses the 5, Cliff's uses the 3. I think since the change algae got moved around from protista to plantae? or maybe that's cyanobacteria? Idn I'm getting confused thinking about it. I'm not really concerned about knowing whether something belongs in protista vs monera vs bacterae but I am worried that something moved during the kingdom change from protista to plantae or visa versa or something.

I would assume the DAT is now on the 3 Kingdom system since it's been quite some time since the change lol but does anyone know of any tricky moves some organisms have made?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe the 3 domain sys is more recent and should have more emphasis on. Just know that the the 5 kingdom system was created wayyy before genetic research - thus the similarities seen in the kingdoms are observed similarities, whereas the 3 domain system consider the genetic makeup.

I actually seen questions where they said to state the order and mixed both domain and kingdom in the choices..in that case, domain before kingdom

Last edited:
i'm sorry I don't think I understand what you mean, you've seen questions about mixing what?

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry dude, guess I didnt see that. I asked bc KBB and Destroyer still use the outdated term for Monera

sorry dude, guess I didnt see that. I asked bc KBB and Destroyer still use the outdated term for Monera

No need to apologize.

When I was studying for the DAT the same question(s) came up because of the same mistakes in KBB, and Destroyer's incredibly random bio section. Keep up the studying and good luck.