KINESIOLOGY Jobs in Canada Ontario ??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nickp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What can a person do with a BSn (bachelor of science degree) in KINESIOLOGY do in Canada (ontario).. exept teaching and fitness training???
Some good professions??
Also, can I work as a pharmacist after 4 years of Kinesiology at University
OR
Can I go to an Ontario Nursing school and get a Nursing (RN) licence after taking 4 years Kiniciology at University

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

To become a pharmacist you would have to apply to pharmacy school. It takes 4 years to finish it. (there are 2 pharmacy schools in ontario - U of T and Waterloo)

to become a nurse you have to apply to nurse schools... normally it takes 4 years to finish, but since you already have a degree you can apply to 2 year programs. after you finish the 2 years of the nursing program you can practice.

As always, check each school's websites for more information about the application process.

Good luck

um, well, the most obvious choice is you could become a Kinesiologist.

They often can be found working in physio clinics (as i do) or doing contract work with companies doing ergonomic assessments, etc.

Also, some go into research....biomechanics, psychomotor behaviour, physiology............the list goes on.

so ya, i'd look into those professions if ur at all interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you alot, you gave a good clue abour Kineciology BSn. Appreciated it.

What can a person do with a BSn (bachelor of science degree) in KINESIOLOGY do in Canada (ontario).. exept teaching and fitness training???
Some good professions??
Also, can I work as a pharmacist after 4 years of Kinesiology at University
OR
Can I go to an Ontario Nursing school and get a Nursing (RN) licence after taking 4 years Kiniciology at University

Thank you.
I can see there are some direct and indirect jobs in canada/usa
Is kine a good idea to go to med school? what % of students goes to med school.

I can see there are some direct and indirect jobs in canada/usa
Is kine a good idea to go to med school? what % of students goes to med school.

Hey, I'm a recent Kin grad from Alberta. Yeah, as you might have expected alot of Kin students are really smart (I'm talking ******edly intelligent AND COMPETITIVE), and are therefore usually well-rounded. Kinesiology has a variety of great opportunities in the health sciences (med, dent, pharm, opto, etc), law, and of course everyone's favorite, physiotherapy. Hell a few of my friends got into law and med.

I myself am going into Dentistry. Kinesiology has helped me gain basic and applied knowledge that I don't think pure BioSci students get. There's even this BioSci kid that wants to be a optometrist that has an Undergrad Research Project with the prof that I did research with.

In conclusion, Kinesiology provides well-rounded education for the aspiring professional. As for medicine, you have a lot of good research opportunities and extra-curriculars available as a Kin student. These will of course help you gain acceptance.

Good luck!

I am soooooooooo happy with your reply. Enjoy your dental school.
Thank you

Dear alcohulk,
Can you please advice me how to study in the unversity to get good score.
Thank you