KGI School of Pharmacy interview class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stef491

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Has anyone had their interview with KGI's School of Pharmacy? I have mine in a couple weeks and would like to know what questions to expect. Also, in the email it said the interviews would start at 9am and are expected to last until 3pm, and it doesn't seem like the campus tour is part of that time block. Does it really run that late and if so, what other activities should I expect? Any information, tips, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I know this might sound a bit unreal and honestly, a pharmacist told me this when I was applying to pharmacy school but I ignored. As a current pharmacist - I will highly advise you NOT to go to pharmacy school. I honestly feel very bad for incoming pharmacist this 2020 with all that's going on. Companies are paying pharmacists less and doing residency does not guarantee you a job. Pharmacy is a good field but the companies that control pharmacists are not so great. At this point, you should try to see if you are interested in other fields. Pharmacists are pretty much making the same amount as some nurses (which is less schooling).

Not to mention KGI's performance metrics is below average. Their NAPLEX pass rate is 78% (national average is 88%). Since it is <80%, it also puts them at risk of losing accreditation which consequently would make your degree useless. Furthermore their residency match rate is only 30%, under half of national average which is 64%. I am not allowed to talk about job placement rates on this subforum but here are some references this school's performance:
PharmD - Keck Graduate Institute

Members don't see this ad :)
come one guys I dont think this is the answer he/she is looking for lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
That is not the answer she is looking for but it is the truth. Right now, the job market is bad for pharmacists everywhere! Not just California but places in the middle of no where. A lot of hospitals are having a hiring freeze and residency doesn't mean a job and too many pharmacy schools now days.

The truth and reality needs to be spoken more and more. This is not the profession to go into in this climate... do your research choose a different path. Education is a big investment so we want you to get it right. What schools won’t tell you is that they are just looking to fill their seats so they can meet the bottom line. The profession is saturated, pay is declining, threat of automation, overworked, and unappreciated. I implore you to do serious research.