Keratosis Piloris

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any new treatments on the horizon?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope - just new formulations of old products.....

I was afraid of that. I tried elidil on family members and self, but nothing worked... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Try Lachydrin

Sadly, already did. Didn't work. :( My daughter has it as well.... oh well.

The only thing that worked for me was glycolic acid. Good luck!

hmmm, is this a script?? any special way you used it?

roja said:
hmmm, is this a script?? any special way you used it?

Try Amlactin

roja said:
I was afraid of that. I tried elidil on family members and self, but nothing worked... :(

Not a surprise, as Elidel is used to treat eczema, and is not indicated nor has any use in the treatment of keratosis pilaris. The formation of KP is more of a physical process rather than a problem of cytokines and T-cells.

Lac-Hydrin (and its generic equivelant Amlactin, both around for several decades) can be helpful for some, but not always as you've found out. If LH doesn't work, Amlactin won't work either.

Some derm providers use retinoids such as Retin-A or Differin. I've had a few patients do quite well with R-A. I've yet to be impressed w/Differin.

I hope you aren't expecting a cure, as there is none for KP. It is an inherited condition that can be well-controlled once you find the right product, but curing it will not happen.

PhilR.

Thanks for the info. I knew elidil was more for eczema but the PMD that rxd it said 'give it a try' so we did... to, what a surprise, no affect.

I have actually done quite a bit of research on the assumed causes (failure to adequately shed the epidermis) in theory it sounds like peels, etc should work. However, as a med student, didn't have great insurance....

I was just wondering if there were any new treatments out there. I would just like soemthing to control it. However, given that its not life threatening... :)

old thread bump...

does anyone here know if keratosis pilaris is related to an unhealthy diet? i know it wouldn't be the only cause, but what about a contributing factor?

Didn't start getting it til after lifting, so maybe something physical can also cause it.