Kenyans in the house?? ( Eastern Africaners??)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mboina

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought it would be cool to network, reminisce, chill etc...

If u're out there...Holla!

Na kaa hamko, mko wapi?

m :)

Members don't see this ad.

So where are you and what are you up to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wananchi semeni!!
Mimi niko WashU, mwaka wa tatu
Mambo vipi?

:)

i'm pre-med, in the midst of med school applications. kinda behind actually - (still recieving secondaries)

pliz share, is it as hectic as they make it out to be? uko na social life? Are you presently awake, ama are you surviving on swach from last wk. btw, congrats on fikaing this far - what d'u plan on getting into?

mukorak said:
Wananchi semeni!!
Mimi niko WashU, mwaka wa tatu
Mambo vipi?

mboina said:
:)

i'm pre-med, in the midst of med school applications. kinda behind actually - (still recieving secondaries)

pliz share, is it as hectic as they make it out to be? uko na social life? Are you presently awake, ama are you surviving on swach from last wk. btw, congrats on fikaing this far - what d'u plan on getting into?

Niaje mboina!

Mimi pia i'm in the medicine struggle. :eek: Saa zingine it's is hectic- kusoma 24/7 almost. I'm constantly surviving on swach from juzi coz now tuko na mtihani karibu every week. Lakini seriously,it's all about managing time. You don't necessarily have to soma all the time- just balance things- studying, social life and hopefully SWACHING!!

As for reminscing...Quabbz represent!! :thumbup:

Hey, how are you guys faring? You must be done with med school by now. (?) Yes? Plz holla! I'm a 2nd yr med student.

wow! I decide to pop into SDN after eons and i find this thread. what are the chances really?? Anyway, good to know wakenya wako hapa representin'. as for me I was shooting for Med school, but life had it's own plans for me...I'll be receiving my PhD in May 2010. Decided to go to grad school for a masters and got seduced by electrical engineering (what i'm i doing here again?) and it's applications associated with neurons and Alzheimers. it's fun work, and if I ever get bored I can always design satellite systems :oops:.

baadayez.

Kenyan here as well. In residency, doing anesthesia. Anyway, hanging in there and hoping one day to practicing back at home. I'm not well versed in swahili especially the slang that my generation speaks. What is "swach"? Sorry, hope it's nothing dirty. Ok, never mind I'll ask my cousins. But I would love to hear from any of the previous posters from "04. Sema.

hey chocomorsel, swach = sleep. how's the residency? and if you don't mind my asking, at what hospital/school is it?

Thanks for the definition. Spoke to my cuzo and that's what he said. Love the state, but not that many black folk. Oh, well. Knew that before I got here but loved the climate and the scenery. Plan on doing lots of traveling throughout residency though, which is going well currently. Hope to hear some more responses.
choco

Last edited: