Keep Undergrad books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vetgirl2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be attending vet school at Iowa State next fall and I was just wondering if I should keep or sell back my undergrad books, such as Human Physiology and Biochemistry. Do you use your undergrad books at all in vet school? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

vetgirl2006 said:
I'll be attending vet school at Iowa State next fall and I was just wondering if I should keep or sell back my undergrad books, such as Human Physiology and Biochemistry. Do you use your undergrad books at all in vet school? Thanks!
KEEP physiology
SELL Biochem :thumbup:

(I freely admit that this reaction might be coming from my literary geek side, so take it with as many grains of salt as you like, but...)

Get rid of a BOOK? Are you CRAZY? :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd keep everything....you really don't get much for resells typically and you may kick yourself if you want to reference something down the line.

I'v been asking myself the same question though about notes and other course materials...I save EVERYTHING....but I seriously think I need to do some house cleaning....I'm saving any articles but a lot of other stuff is getting dumped...throwing stuff away is so hard...

vetgirl2006 said:
I have been wondering this exact same thing! :)

I've kept all my science and equine books (I was an Equine Science (BS) major). I figured even if I reference them just once in the future, it will be worth the $2 the bookstore wants to give me for them.

Keeping books sounds good until it's time to move. Every time I had to move, my threshold got higher for what I considered an indispensable book.

the only book i sold back that i wish i would have kept was vertebrate physiology. but i can always buy a new one, they change the editions so often. i've kept a lot of my other bio ones, especially those they only would give me five bucks for.

oops. shouldnt have posted here, sorry. :(