Program-Specific Info / Q's Keck Graduate Institute EOTD Program (Fall 2022)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTR2be

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

As I'm in the process of interviewing for programs and still actively looking at other ones to apply for, I came across Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) in Claremont, CA. I went into further research about their program and saw that they would be admitting their first cohort for the Entry-Level OTD program next year. They also have applied for accreditation with the ACOTE and are also subject to approval from WASC/WSCUC. While it seems tempting to apply there since I live in Southern California, I have some reservations about applying because the program would be new and there is no way of knowing when they would be accredited or approved for their students to take the license exam. Also, the total tuition for the 3 years is $128,000, which is insanely expensive for an OTD program, at least for me. On top of that, there are other fees stacked up on top of tuition that include housing, books, uniforms, etc.

Is anyone looking to apply there or interested? Any thoughts about whether it would be worth looking into or just looking somewhere else for now?

Here's their website for reference: KGI OTD Program

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there!! I am originally from socal but go to school out of state. I applied to Keck! My parents are both in the medical field, and they say Keck is like the Harvard of medical schools. Due to their solid reputation, great funding, and ample resources/connections I have no hesitation about joining their inaugural cohort nor do I doubt that they will obtain their license in ample time.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Hi there!! I am originally from socal but go to school out of state. I applied to Keck! My parents are both in the medical field, and they say Keck is like the Harvard of medical schools. Due to their solid reputation, great funding, and ample resources/connections I have no hesitation about joining their inaugural cohort nor do I doubt that they will obtain their license in ample time.
Hello! Thank you for your personal insight on the school. I don't really hear about it enough, but it's good to know that they have an overall great reputation. Definitely will look more into it and see if I can apply there!

Hi!
I think your comment is about the Keck School of Medicine, but the OP is asking about a different school - Keck Graduate Institute, which is part of the Claremont Colleges.