Kean vs Chestnut Hill PsyD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tah17

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Making a decision between starting my PsyD at either Kean or Chestnut Hill this Fall 2021 and having a rough time deciding. Any thoughts, opinions or suggestions?? Anything is helpful at this point!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! Making a decision between starting my PsyD at either Kean or Chestnut Hill this Fall 2021 and having a rough time deciding. Any thoughts, opinions or suggestions?? Anything is helpful at this point!
Which is cheaper?

Kean is a public university with smaller class sizes and significantly cheaper tuition. I would probably go with that.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The clinicians I know who have attended Kean are not ones I would recommend.

I was accepted to both a few years ago, so this may be slightly dated info. Personally, I think both could have better training, but in terms of supportive faculty, I would lean Chestnut Hill. What does your offer package look like at both? I would also take into account the theoretical orientations of both programs, which are very different. Did you get advanced standing at CHC by chance? It is a longer program (6 years minimum if you don't have a masters/advanced standing).

Also, CHC has an affiliated consortium internship but I was told at the time that it was not required. You can apply to other internship sites if you want. (e.g. it's not "captive"). Also, this is a completely silly reason but CHC's campus is GORGEOUS ;)

Of course, if School Psych is a big reason why you applied to Kean to begin with, I would definitely choose Kean.

Thank you so much to everyone for your comments and assistance!! I ended up choosing CHC and am very excited about it! Wishing you all well too!

Reactions: 2 users
The clinicians I know who have attended Kean are not ones I would recommend.
Hi, I am currently looking at Kean University to attend their PsyD program and I was wondering if you could expand more as to why you would not recommend clinicians from Kean in comparison to students from other PsyD programs.

Thank you so much to everyone for your comments and assistance!! I ended up choosing CHC and am very excited about it! Wishing you all well too!
Hi! I am considering applying for CHC and am wondering if you like it there and/or have any comments about the program or your experience there?