KCUMB to offer MD,DO degree?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So any news as to why she ... died???

Members don't see this ad.

what have you read? I'm pretty sure she was fired for *embezzling money*. Occam's razor here seems to suggest thats the simplest explanation.

Hey Doc, don't basically all the DO schools (except RVU) meet LCME's accreditation standards, since you mentioned that COCA just copied LCME's requirements and exchanged some words with their synonyms :confused:

Let's hope is an MD, DO title and not opening an MD school like MSU has currently. Life would be so much easier with MD, DO at the end of the name even though we currently have all the availabilies of our MD counterparts. I hope that they will offer graduates the abilitiy to have MD, DO added. It's similar to what dental programs did in the past. They went form DMD to DDS. Lawyers did something similar too. Since we're trained as both an MD and a DO I think it's a smart move. I wonder if they can just give us the title or if future grads would have to take both the USMLE in its entirety and COMLEX.

Hey Doc, don't basically all the DO schools (except RVU) meet LCME's accreditation standards, since you mentioned that COCA just copied LCME's requirements and exchanged some words with their synonyms :confused:

pretty much. there some argument as to whether clinical rotations at private clinics, and other non-teaching hospital locations, would count under lcme. a strict reading of the two codes would suggest MDs cannot do this but dos can. but since both degrees do allow training at these types of locations for cores, I'm assuming the lcme wording on this standard is mostly just fluff words on the matter. it's the only other major difference you hear about